Dragon Age Inquisition crashes immediately upon launch

by SadrMan937

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition crashes immediately upon launch

★★★ Newbie

I've owned Dragon Age Inquisition for a while now, like a year or two ago, not exactly sure when, the game just stopped working when I launched it. I've installed and uninstalled it multiple times thinking that it might fix the issue but nothing has. Today I looked all over this forum to see what some possible solutions were. All of my drivers are up to date, I've excluded the entire file branch and the exe on avast, and it is set to use my GTX 960M. I've tried everything I read on help threads here and I was just wondering if anyone else has any ideas. I've attached a DxDiag file. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition crashes immediately upon launch

First listing in crash reports at bottom of DxDiag is dragon age, and lists ashwooka.dll as issue......that is avast stopping you, so even though you thought you fixed avast you didn't. Most likely you set scanning instead of global and it helps to include origin and dai saves folder.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (427 Views)

All Replies

First listing in crash reports at bottom of DxDiag is dragon age, and lists ashwooka.dll as issue......that is avast stopping you, so even though you thought you fixed avast you didn't. Most likely you set scanning instead of global and it helps to include origin and dai saves folder.
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 3 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess it was Avast, thank you so much. I've been wanting to get back into this game but haven't been able to. The Avast UI is pretty confusing so I thought I excluded it but didn't.

Message 3 of 3 (305 Views)