Re: Dragon Age Inquisition crash xbox

by bobthebilder1099

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition crash xbox

★ Novice

It's keep crashing a few seconds on the loading screen at start

I even tried it on my other Xbox it's still crashes

Try playoff Lane doesn't work I even clear system even unplugged it I tried it on my Xbox series s and x

I noticed one thing though it seems when it's connecting to server it does it

Message 1 of 22 (5,486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

HI @xDeadlyxPhantom Can we try going through the following?

• Quit the game and other running apps from Quick Resume (For Series X|S consoles)
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open you're Xbox NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (5,389 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

HI @xDeadlyxPhantom Can we try going through the following?

• Quit the game and other running apps from Quick Resume (For Series X|S consoles)
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open you're Xbox NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 22 (5,390 Views)

★★ Novice

if your dragon age inquisition on Xbox keeps crashing on start up I found a solution.

This works for me and I hope it works for everybody else. I’ve been trying to find a way to play dragon age inquisition without it crashing on start up. what I found was as soon as you start the game hold press the Xbox button on the controller and restart the console while the game is starting up, around the time you see the save symbol on the bottom right but before the EA logo appears. when the Xbox restarts, start the game again and it should say that it’s quick resuming this should work. It seems like I have to do that every time i want to play though but it works every time.
Hope this helps! Standard smile

Quick note I have the Xbox series x.

Message 3 of 22 (5,339 Views)

★★ Novice

BRO YOU ARE CLUTCH THAT WORKED.

Message 4 of 22 (5,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same exact issues they've been having but I'm using an Xbox series s.

When I try and play the game through cloud streaming it kicks me immediately to the dashboard, I'd also like to say I tried everything that's been posted here as well as installing the game to see if that works and it doesn't.

I really love this game and it is a major bummer that I can't play a game I love as well as own

Message 5 of 22 (5,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey so when you do that does the dragon age servers work? What I do is. I go to offline mode then start the game up I get to the main menu and I turn my internet back on. It works but when I try connecting to the servers it completely crashes my game 

Message 6 of 22 (4,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I’m also having the same issue I’ve also factory reset download with out the dlc try cloud play try it on a different account tried it on different Xbox no luck tried launch offline no luck also tried all of the things above I been having the problem for over a year now and would just like to play the game but can’t find any fixes

Message 7 of 22 (4,574 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Update https://answers.ea.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/23869671 fix with did the quick resume restart fix the game

Message 8 of 22 (4,566 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@bobthebilder1099 I really want to thank you your fix work I been having the problem for over a year I’m surprised you seem to be the first to give this solution
Message 9 of 22 (4,565 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah never mind. The game crashes after start up

Message 10 of 22 (4,335 Views)