Dragon Age Inquisition - cheat/admin console

by Xavool

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition - cheat/admin console

★★★★ Novice

I was curious if Dragon Age Inquisition has a cheat/admin console?  All the previous versions contained the ability to access a console in game which you can enter codes for weapons, skills, items, etc...  I can't seem to find the console options for Dragon Age Inquisition.  If Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't have a cheat/admin console, can I return the digital download and get my money back as having the fun of adding these console features is the only reason I bought the game.

Message 1 of 16 (158,596 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - cheat/admin console

★★ Novice

Hitting tilde (`) shows the console.

Message 2 of 16 (158,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I for some reason always thought to look in the lower left corner not the up top.

But are you able to add items and other features with this console?  I couldn't find any old commands that worked and when I used "list" none of the options had anything to do with cheating like immortal and add xp.

Message 3 of 16 (158,340 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm with you: I always enjoyed turning on immortality because I use the game not for challenges but, instead, for a way to relax at the end of a long day of work.  I just want to run around, not worry about hit points, and kill things.  I hope that someone tells us how to make that happen sometime soon.  The old command of runscript pc_immortal, as I think you discovered, does nothing other than give an error indicating that runscript is an unrecognized command.

So, EA, Origin, and Bioware, what about it?  Is there a way to make this happen?  Can we come up with a way to play the game with immortality so as to make it enjoyable for those of us who like this "cheat?"  Thanks to any administrator, developer, or other appropriate power-that-be who gives us the info and help we need. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 16 (158,295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, as no one of the EA/Origin/Bioware variety has chimed in here, I submitted a chat request to EA Help and just got off the window with Karen Joy.  She has said that the information about cheat commands for the console has not yet been released even to the help desk, so it is inconclusive as to whether such commands exist.  In other words, rather than a definitive no, it seems that it is a possible maybe.

Now, if I were to speculate, I would think that the answer would be that, yes, there is a way to gain immortality, add XP, gift yourself gold, etc. since they have not said undeniably that the answer is no.  After all, if the answer was negative, why would they keep it a secret for now?  It would do nothing but raise hopes and then dash them later when the negative answer is revealed which, from a marketing standpoint, could/would leave a sour taste in people's mouths.  So, if they are being coy about giving an answer, then that probably means that they want to give everyone the chance to play the game "normally" first, then give away the cheats after a certain amount of time.  I personally disagree with that philosophy as that means that I cannot play and enjoy the game in the fashion that I prefer for the time being (which also probably means that I won't bother to put much time into it for now) but I can see the logic behind it.

So, for now we will just have to hurry up and wait for the developers from whichever corporate name to reveal the final answers to us in regard to our desires.

To the developers: COME ON!  Hurry up and give us the goods, er I mean info, already! Confusedmileymad:

Message 5 of 16 (158,199 Views)

★★ Novice

My guess is they want to A) fix some major bugs before they release such things to the public and B) want to give people time to play the game through without cheats to enjoy the fullness of the game. I think somebody will probably release the info(if it exists) in the next few weeks or a month or so. I personally can't play much of the game due to bugged quests so I kinda don't wanna mess with cheating untill that's fixed but that's me. Standard smile

Message 6 of 16 (157,897 Views)

★★ Novice
The drawback being that my game has glitched and I can't use the console to help fix it. =/ I lost my party just in time to fight a rather powerful envy demon and my lone mage inquisitor is getting smashed.
Message 7 of 16 (157,156 Views)

★★ Novice

THAT HAPPENED TO WE ASWELL!!! all my party are gone and i need god mode or somthing jusr to fix their damn game....

Message 8 of 16 (156,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also wish I could use in-game console commands instead of using another program, but here is a link to the DAI cheat engine table with plenty of cheats. http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5566220

Message 9 of 16 (155,133 Views)

★ Pro

The sad thing is i had to use cheats in both games to get around bugs that were never fixed in Origins and DA 2 so without cheats on this game is it even possible to finish the whole game..

Yes cheats make stuff easier (and fun for some) but for others its a requirement to get certain quests to actually work sheesh..

Message 10 of 16 (155,103 Views)