[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have:

RX560

16G of DDR3 1600

I7-4790K @4.00

64 Bit Operating System Windows 10

1.2 TB of free storage space.

Playing game through Xbox game pass ultimate. 

I can install the game with no problems. As soon as I launch the game a popup window launches and the mouse curser changes, then the game shuts down. It does this every time.

I have done the following:

Reinstalled the game multiple times,

Reinstalled EA Beta Launcher

Upgraded my ram, I went from 8 to 16.

BF1, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Mass Effect and other games all work without issue. Can someone recommend a fix. 

Thank you for your time and help. 

PJ

Message 1 of 2 (824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Wont Launch

★★ Novice

@Leora85 wrote:

@raynkure Another question, are you using AVG at all? Some people with this issue have found that temporarily disabling or uninstalling AVG has solved this issue, so it's something to try if you're using AVG. Standard smile

I had the same issue, and as it turned out it was my AVG acting up and blocking it for whatever reason. However, instead of uninstalling or disabling AVG, what I did to fix it was add the game to the "exceptions" list. Click the Options dropdown menu in the upper right corner of AVG, then select "advanced options". Click on "Exceptions" in the advanced options menu, then click "add an exception". Find the Dragon Age: Inquisition executable in your files (it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition) and select it to add it to your AVG exceptions, and voila! My game started up with no problems after that.

[admin edit]

This issue still seems to be occurring for new Origin updates in November '16.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (785 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Wont Launch

★★ Novice

@Leora85 wrote:

@raynkure Another question, are you using AVG at all? Some people with this issue have found that temporarily disabling or uninstalling AVG has solved this issue, so it's something to try if you're using AVG. Standard smile

I had the same issue, and as it turned out it was my AVG acting up and blocking it for whatever reason. However, instead of uninstalling or disabling AVG, what I did to fix it was add the game to the "exceptions" list. Click the Options dropdown menu in the upper right corner of AVG, then select "advanced options". Click on "Exceptions" in the advanced options menu, then click "add an exception". Find the Dragon Age: Inquisition executable in your files (it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition) and select it to add it to your AVG exceptions, and voila! My game started up with no problems after that.

[admin edit]

This issue still seems to be occurring for new Origin updates in November '16.

Message 2 of 2 (786 Views)