Dragon Age Inquisition Won't Launch

by fryd00d

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Won't Launch

★★★ Newbie

I use avast and i didnt have it running, the team via call had gotten me up doing folder cache removal then the team via live chat did the command prompt, was told that both should work but neither did. Ive never had this experience before and its getting to the point where ill save up buy the actual disc and see if that works, otherwise ill just let DA go and move on to something else. You would think after being so long since it was released there would still be a how to fix bug guide or how to fix crash guide. I didnt last more than 10 seconds. It black screened then took me back to desktop. I restarted, un installed and re installed. Wasted almost half my day just sitting on the phone talking to someone from the states who ended up cutting the call anyway. Same with live chat, we were getting there they told me to reboot when it was done and it should be fixed. well it wasnt and im still not able to play. I pay a small ammount for a service of which i would understand to have decent support or a package of games i am able to play. Wanna explain why feast day and the other expansion dont work on DA Origins either? Whats the point in playing or spending money on a game if you can't even get it to work?

Message 31 of 65 (2,166 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition can't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You apparently have overlooked all of the dozens of repeats of the same thing.  Failing to correctly create the needed exceptions in your AV cannot be (reliably) replaced by telling the AV not to run.  If you refuse to use your current AV correctly, you should uninstall it entirely and use another one you are actually willing to learn to use correctly, instead. 

Message 32 of 65 (2,162 Views)

★ Novice

Confirming that anti-virus blocked the game. Came here for a fix myself and made an exception for the game in my Avast anti-virus. Problem solved. Thanks everyone.

Message 33 of 65 (2,079 Views)

★ Novice

I have disabled avast and made exclusions to origin and dragon age. It still wont work. Whats weird is that every once in a while it will start and work fine, but 99% of the time it wont start. Win 10 and Nvidia. Please help.

Message 34 of 65 (2,066 Views)

@Gatekeeper00

@Gatekeeper00 wrote:

I have disabled avast and made exclusions to origin and dragon age. It still wont work. Whats weird is that every once in a while it will start and work fine, but 99% of the time it wont start. Win 10 and Nvidia. Please help.

What in the above quote gives any info that may help anyone figure out what is going on in your machine.....you waited to almost the last line to even tell us what platform you are on...PC and managed to give op system but you have given NOTHING else in the way of info to allow us to help you...

Read the sticky at the top of this forum about WHAT to post to get help, then either post here again or start a new thread....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 35 of 65 (2,055 Views)

★★ Novice

tried literally everything on here (clean booth and restart, repaired the game - worked only once and fixed an audio problem, but never again - reinstalled some files, checked for updates etc) , but , still doesn't launch (and I only use windows defender, which I already made exceptions for both Origin and Inquisition)

it's not my first playthrough so I'm not so worried and in a few months I'll be changing my pc, but still

uploaded my specs within the message

(I suck at tech stuff, so if there's still info missing please ask c'Standard smile

Message 36 of 65 (2,013 Views)

I think I read in your DXdiag file @anaclaragalli that you have a wacom tablet installed or at least the programs for it.  If you do, please remove it, and remove/uninstall all programs related to it.  I have heard they can cause issues with frostbite games.

As far as exceptions go, you also have to include DA:I saves folder as well.....

You may also try deleting the profile options and profileoptions_options files in the saves folder,,,,,moving them also works, the game should recreate them again on successful launch it just resets all options back to default, to see if you maybe changed something to an incompatible setting causing a crash....

Also if you have saves in the folder, you may also try renaming the entire folder to Saves backup and letting it recreate a new folder entirely, to see if maybe a save has been corrupted and causing issues....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 37 of 65 (2,000 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I seem to be experiencing the same issues.

Have done the following so far

• Clean booth and restart,
  • Repaired the game,
  • Reinstalled the game
  • Folder cache removal
  • Disabled anti-virus (Avast anti-virus)
  • Ran the DXSETUP.exe
  • Tried running the game in compatibility mode (win7 &8)

Looked thought this thread for most of this advice (not great tech wise myself). Can’t seem to fix this issue any advice?

Attached my dxdaig

Message 38 of 65 (1,999 Views)

[ Edited ]

per your DxDiag... @A-virzi

P1: DragonAgeInquisition.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5600f278
P4: aswhooka.dll

http://www.freefixer.com---shows aswooka.dll is AVAST

so your issue is with Avast software interfering with the game starting...

So....

1)  Exclusions properly set up to exclude, ORIGIN, ORIGIN GAMES(or more specific the DAI folders), and over in users find Dragon Age: Inquisition Saves folder and exclude that.

2)  I have seen on several occasions you must put in Exclusions AND temporarily disable AV to make it work....not often but yeah sometimes...

3)  Rare occasions anti-virus must be removed to make DA:I work....

4)  If you have an issue with this....take it up with AVG/Avast, cause they are the fools who can't figure out a game that has been out 2 and a half years isn't a virus.....

Message 39 of 65 (1,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

You sir are Awesome. 

I didn't put 2 and 2 together and guess that avast was F**king up (even with it turned off) 

Made the exclusions and it works like a charm.

Thank you once again,

Message 40 of 65 (1,973 Views)