Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Won't Launch

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition Won't Launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
alright so dragon age won't launch? like it stops, opens for a second, then crashes to desktop. I've tried everything. It worked this morning but this afternoon when I tried it did this.
I even played a full play through on this computer already so I have really no idea what's happening.

http://hastebin.com/ogulodeqek.tex
Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)

Hero

@theleploner First thing that jumps out on your dxdiag is that your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs (your CPU is only 2.0GHz, minimum requirements for an AMD CPU is a quad core 2.5 GHz. It also looks like you don't have a dedicated GPU, I don't know what integrated AMD GPU chips are like, but if they're anything like the Intel ones, then they're likely not to run the game very well), however since you've already managed to successfully play the game this may not be the issue. Checking for a driver update probably wouldn't hurt, the drivers on your integrated GPU are quite old.

Unlikely to be the issue (since you don't have an NVidia GPU and it's only just happened), but do you use AVG? If so, make sure to add the game and Origin to the exception list, see the sticky at the top of this board for more information.

Has anything changed with your computer since you last successfully played the game? Any updates (windows, drivers, etc)? I see a lot of errors in your dxdiag, are they recent or old? Do you have any DLCs installed? If so, which one(s)?

When you say you've tried everything, what have you tried? A repair? A reinstall? Checking your mods (if you have any)? Deleting the profileOptions_profile file from your save folder? Temporarily removing the contents of your save folder? Difficult to know what to suggest without knowing what you have or haven't tried Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Leora85

Whenever I look for a driver update windows says my driver is up to date so I just gave up. I'll look to fix it after when I have a bit more time. 

Ahhh I do use AVG. I did not have the game itself on the exception list, so I will try that again later. When the game re-installs. 

Yeah, I finished it last on Halloween. So several updates have occurred with windows. Drivers, probably not. I'm terrible and don't update them often. I had Trespasser installed, however I didn't download it when I re-installed it. I'm not sure about the errors honestly. I'm fairly sure that they're recent, but I can't be certain. Sorry.

I have tried repairing it several times, I'm re-installing it for the second time currently. I've removed the profileOptions_profile file, and have removed the contents of my save folder. I've also tried this since my friend suggested it. 

"right click the game in Origin and then Repair Game. Once that process is done, run the following installers from the game folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2012\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe"

Message 3 of 4 (267 Views)

★★★ Expert

You need to go to AMD's website but, just to make it easy, here you go. You need the 16.3.2 drivers, full or minimal, that's up to you and how much hard drive space you need to conserve.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64 Yes i know that says desktop but, the catalyst control suite is the same for both desktop and laptop.

Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)