Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Will NOT LAUNCH

by Giubba

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Bump

Someone noticed if the problem started after they installed the dlc/new patch or after the origin new version?

Message 31 of 65 (6,770 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried that download and it didn't work for me either.

I was able to launch my game after I had downloaded the DLC, but only once. After I closed my game out, I had (presumably) unrelated PC issues, and I had to do a system recovery. After that, DA:I ceased to work, and I got the same problems as above. Since others are saying that it is running as a background process, like mine, I believe the problems are unrelated.

That said, I still remain unable to launch or play the game.

Message 32 of 65 (6,761 Views)

★ Guide

@Pherond5 wrote:

Tried that download and it didn't work for me either.

I was able to launch my game after I had downloaded the DLC, but only once. After I closed my game out, I had (presumably) unrelated PC issues, and I had to do a system recovery. After that, DA:I ceased to work, and I got the same problems as above. Since others are saying that it is running as a background process, like mine, I believe the problems are unrelated.

That said, I still remain unable to launch or play the game.

Did you try disabling the Origin overlay and playing Origin in offline mode?

Since you had a system recovery, also try repairing the game installation and running a defragment of the hard drive (unless its a SSD).

Message 33 of 65 (6,755 Views)

★★ Novice

I contacted customer service; for me, I had to check for game updates (right-click on the game, in the Origin menu) and there was an update that had to install after the DLC. Hope that helps people!

Message 34 of 65 (6,749 Views)

★★ Apprentice

the problem persist with the overlay disbled,in offline mode and runnin the game and origin as admin. and my game is up to date

Message 35 of 65 (6,745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 36 of 65 (6,724 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue after not playing for about 2 months.

Tried all suggestions from earlier posts and none worked.

any news on this issue?

Message 37 of 65 (6,668 Views)

★★ Novice

The solution for my issue was related to Razer Comms software. After closing it the game ran properly.

Message 38 of 65 (6,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi dude, It worked for me, thank you very much.

Message 39 of 65 (6,134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This thread is probably dead by now but i was having the same problem after coming back after a year or so and my fix was disabling my avg antivirus for some strange reason hope this helps someone

Message 40 of 65 (46,229 Views)