Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Will NOT LAUNCH

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition Will NOT LAUNCH

★★★ Newbie

Can somebody please help me? I can't launch Dragon Age Inquisition, I can click play and run as administrator, but it just will not launch. I have done countless "repairs" that I have seen on other websites and threads but nothing works.

I travel a ton for work, and it took my MSI gaming laptop with crappy internet speed 1 1/2 days to fully download and get all of the updates so that the game would be playable. After waiting that long, I am not even able to play the game. I am beyond frustrated.... I have seen countless other players with the same issue as myself, yet I still believed that EA and Origin would not let me down. Please, somebody help me get my gaming life back on track!

Message 1 of 65 (68,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

This thread is probably dead by now but i was having the same problem after coming back after a year or so and my fix was disabling my avg antivirus for some strange reason hope this helps someone

View in thread

Message 40 of 65 (46,302 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

PLs post your system specs.

Message 2 of 65 (68,025 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Just purchased the new DLC and patch 6 through Origin and now my game crashes before the loading screen and doesn't give any error.

My Specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD FX-8320 38 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2) 45 °C
Graphics
DELL 1707FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
1279MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (NVIDIA) 66 °C
Storage
372GB Seagate ST3400832NS ATA Device (SATA) 41 °C
111GB Corsair Force 3 SSD ATA Device (SSD) 30 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Message 3 of 65 (68,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Terabyte HD

Ge Force GTX 870M

Intel Core i7 4710HQ CPU @ 2.5ghz

16G Ram

Windows 8.1

Message 4 of 65 (67,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Downloaded the huge DA:I game update yesterday and the game worked fine after  the install.  Today there was an update to Origin that downloaded and installed.  Now the game will not launch!!!  When I click the game icon the Origin logon appears and I login as before but nothing happens after that - the game doesn't appear.  However, if I try to exit Origin it says the game is running and I should log out of the game first.  But the game ISN'T running.  (At least I can't see it on the screen.)
What's the fix???  It appears the Origin update broke things.

Windows 8.1 on an HP Envy laptop using the Intel HD Graphics Driver

Message 5 of 65 (67,985 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this exact same issue this evening.  Origin updated, I try to launch the game, it syncs my saved game from the cloud but never actually starts, except the task manager says it is running.

Message 6 of 65 (67,939 Views)

★★ Novice

Try right clicking on DA: Inquisition from Origin, click game properties and click 'disable Origin in Game for this game'. It was an issue they had back in november 2014 and my friend helped to get mine to launch.

Message 7 of 65 (67,906 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue.  Did not have problems launching DAI before the patch.  Since I downloaded the patch yesterday (and purchased the DLC), I cannot launch the game after multiple reboots and a complete reinistall. 

specs

Message 8 of 65 (67,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Overlays, screensharing programs, security programs and overclocking utilities has been known to crash the engine behind the game.

Try doing a clean boot:

How to Clean Boot your PC or Mac

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 65 (67,872 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@Twystydpopcorn wrote:

I can click play and run as administrator, but it just will not launch.

Are you running DAI as administrator, or Origin? It should be Origin. If that doesn't fix it, disable Windows UAC.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 65 (67,863 Views)