Dragon Age Inquisition: The game makes my computer hard crash

by Junkipii

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition: The game makes my computer hard crash

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I got my the game on Friday, but since I had a Dual-Core at that time, I couldn't play it. Yesterday I bought myself a brand new Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz Quad-Core. I installed it with a professional and could play it for 15mins, before it would hard crash my computer. Ok, so I started tweaking it and use OCCT to stress my computer. It's not the temperature. It can't be the temperature. I removed all over-clocking stuff and something that could raise the temp of comp from BIOS. Ok, so after that, I could play the game for 30 mins before it hard crashed on me again. It really can't be the hardware, since I tested it with every possible test, and they showed clean papers on it. I have afterburner running on the background and always, before hard crashing, the temp shows to be in every core max. 60 C and GPU is something 65 C. 

What I noticed tho, whenever the game starts bugging on me (Which happens ALOT), the comp works for 1-2mins before crashing. Inquisition is the only game that keeps crashing on me. Every other game (even the newer ones) don't crash me, even if I play on max graphic settings.

http://hastebin.com/raw/kepejoxoyi

Here's my DxDiag, the motherboard isn't listed apparently, so it's: AsuSTeK Computer INC.: P8h67-M PRO.

Please help me, I really want to play this game.

:::Edit:::

I have updated absolutely everything that could be updated.

Also changed the link for a working one

Message 1 of 31 (3,845 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition: The game makes my computer hard crash

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello I am able to read your dxdiag it takes me to a blank screen

Message 2 of 31 (3,806 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry,

This should work

http://hastebin.com/raw/kepejoxoyi

Message 3 of 31 (3,796 Views)

★ Apprentice

bump?

Message 4 of 31 (3,745 Views)

★★★★ Novice

love ya brother but the 285 video card may be a bit under powered to run this, its giving my 760 a work out.

Message 5 of 31 (3,723 Views)

★ Apprentice

It actually works perfectly until the computer crashes. And it works nicely, without making any noices, even though my trusted ol' friend is older than your younger friend.

Message 6 of 31 (3,714 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bumping again for a solution

Message 7 of 31 (3,626 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too. Actualy it seems that a lot of people are experiencing the same issue, something releted to quad core processors I think. Anyway Bioware is informed of the problem so we just have to wait for a patch or a hotfix to be published.

Message 8 of 31 (3,592 Views)

★ Apprentice

*sigh*

I'm so confused what the reason could be. Some say its the Quad, some say its the GPU. Hopefully the fix would come soon, so whatever the reason is, is fixed and we can play in peace and enjoy the masterpiece. And seriously, it's a masterpiece, glitchy as hell, but a masterpiece of a story.

Message 9 of 31 (3,580 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bump again to find people with same probs

Message 10 of 31 (3,459 Views)