Dragon Age Inquisition: Stuck on loading screen (never played game on PC)

by seusslee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition: Stuck on loading screen (never played game on PC)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

So long story short: 

I tried everything to open this game, and nothing works. Tried to get a refund via steam, and they told me I went over the "2hour" play time. Tried to contact them for help, sent me to EA help, and EA sent me here.

long story:

- Got DAI on PC (got via STEAM)

- tried to launch, stuck on loading screen

- checked forums (tried everything: uninstall, reinstall, remove mods, clean boot, antivirus, graphic card upgrade, disable origins start up for game, downloaded directx, repaired game via origins, run as admin [which made the game not even launch] disabled full screen optimizer, run troubleshoot compatibility)

- my computer should be able to run this game...

- even stayed up till 2AM with a friend on discord trying to figure this out.

- tried letting the loading screen go for 30 - 1hrs at a time.

- Nothing worked

- Tried to get a refund via STEAM, but they said I went over 2 hour playtime. [ I might have had the game open for a collective 2 hours, but that was me troubleshooting]

- I understand that is policy, so I thought the next best thing would be to contact STEAM for help in launching the game.

- However, their page said since this is an EA game, I should try there

- Went to EA contact help page (just want to talk to someone and go step by step... But that "what's your problem" step by page brought me here.

- I've been here this whole time. I don't know what else to do.

other notes:

- I do own this game via playstation

- I just wanted to try on my new PC with mods on

- I don't know what else to do at this point and feel pretty defeated.

- I just want to talk to someone at EA who can easily solve this for  me?

- Or someone who knows how to fix this, since I literally tried everything.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 13 (13,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition: Stuck on loading screen (never played game on PC)

[ Edited ]

The only thing in your DxDiag file that stands out is the multiple AppHangs of DAI at the end.  Nothing in your hardware, drivers or attached devices stand out as an issue. 

1)  If you haven't done a reinstall of the game AFTER clearing your mods, I would recommend you doing so.

2)  Has the game created a Save folder in your My Documents folder??  If it has, delete it or rename or move to another location.

3)  I have been told that it is HIGHLY recommended that both DAI and Origin be set to run as admin.  You mentioned that this prevented it from running completely??  And what compatibility modes have you tried....several people have reported Win7 or 8 compatibility fixing some of these issues.

4)  Do you have to launch steam to play the game, or can you launch it direct from Origin??

5)  You may also want to do a sfc/scannow check on your Windows files to see if there are any errors that may be causing this issue.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o... 

I will keep thinking, and please post with updates, and maybe another forum member will have a better idea or I can get an EA CM to drop in if you continue to have issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (13,338 Views)

All Replies

First off, this is a player to player help forum, so if you want an EA employee, you will need to go back to the help site and find the Chat with them option.  Now we have helped many here get their games running and have a pretty good chance of doing the same for you, but we will need info, starting with a DxDiag file which you can find out how to post in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Now, I have heard that I have heard a good bit of issue between Steam and Origin running things, but many people do get it working.  One thing is making sure Steam is run as Admin, and some people report having luck with adding Origin as Admin and compatibility mode Win 7.  If you do have any mods right now, then remove them, repair the install of DAI, and check the mods threads on how to make sure the mod is 100% removed.  Once and if you get the game running you can add mods back and know the issue is game or mod related. 

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 13 (13,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for even reading my message TT TT I honestly thought I would be a lost cause!

That said, I went to the sticky and followed the steps!
https://hastebin.com/iwagopemax.makefile

Thank you so much!! 

---

- I have made sure to have ORIGIN and STEAM run as admin

- all mods have been deleted (Trash bin has been emptied)

Message 3 of 13 (13,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

test-
are my replies going through?

Message 4 of 13 (13,397 Views)

★★★ Novice

sending again, just in case my first message didn't go through

https://hastebin.com/iwagopemax.makefile

hopefully this one goes through!

---

- all mods deleted and trash bin emptied

-  made it so origin and steam run as admins~

thank you!

Message 5 of 13 (13,386 Views)

The Dxdiag file is now blank...don't know what is going on with it, as I managed to look at it during my lunch hour.  Anyway, at the end of the DXDiag file, was a bunch of program hang errors, those being DAI....One other thing to do is to make sure DAI is set to run as admin as well.   You may also make sure your Firewall program is also not blocking DAI from being able to connect out, as that may hang up as it waits to authorize or connect to DAI servers. 

You may also try a clean boot, which is a diagnostics boot, and only start the bare minimum of processes needed to run DAI, and see if it works, if it does, then you have a cross program interference. 

If none of these work, then please try to post up your DxDiag file again, and I will try to look at it tomorrow night after work and see if I can see anything that may cause issues.

Message 6 of 13 (13,369 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again!

Thank you again for your help!

So I've tried the firewall thing (turning it off)
and I clean boot, but it's still the loading screen of death Frown

but thank you again for trying to help me!!

here is the link again!

(I made a new one just in case)

https://hastebin.com/faquwetuzo.makefile

Message 7 of 13 (13,359 Views)

[ Edited ]

The only thing in your DxDiag file that stands out is the multiple AppHangs of DAI at the end.  Nothing in your hardware, drivers or attached devices stand out as an issue. 

1)  If you haven't done a reinstall of the game AFTER clearing your mods, I would recommend you doing so.

2)  Has the game created a Save folder in your My Documents folder??  If it has, delete it or rename or move to another location.

3)  I have been told that it is HIGHLY recommended that both DAI and Origin be set to run as admin.  You mentioned that this prevented it from running completely??  And what compatibility modes have you tried....several people have reported Win7 or 8 compatibility fixing some of these issues.

4)  Do you have to launch steam to play the game, or can you launch it direct from Origin??

5)  You may also want to do a sfc/scannow check on your Windows files to see if there are any errors that may be causing this issue.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o... 

I will keep thinking, and please post with updates, and maybe another forum member will have a better idea or I can get an EA CM to drop in if you continue to have issues.

Message 8 of 13 (13,339 Views)

★★★ Novice

HOLY MAKER IT WORKED!!! 

Okay so I

- uninstall the game (made sure to delete all dai folders etc and cleared trash)

- I reinstalled

- made sure to run as admin and run on window 8 (I didn't do theses together last time)

- made sure origin was running as admin

BOOM!!!
IT LOADED!!! <3

Now I'm going to reinstall the mods!!

I mean I already finished this game so many times on PS4 but now I'm excited to join to PC world!!

AND HONESTLY, IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TT TT

Message 9 of 13 (13,324 Views)

★★ Novice

I just bought the game and have the same issue, did you manage to solve this? 

Message 10 of 13 (8,409 Views)