Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Steam launched once but won't launch again

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition Steam launched once but won't launch again

★★ Novice

Hello all,

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition for Steam recently and started it up for the first time yesterday. Yesterday, it would launch in a small window, stop working, and crash. I disabled my anti-virus and ran it as an administrator, and that got me into the actual game itself. I was able to play the tutorial up until the first combat when it crashed. Now, I cannot get the game to launch AT ALL. When I click the desktop icon or open it through Steam, it will open up the Origin window and then nothing. Please help me.

Message 1 of 6 (1,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Kent, I probably should have updated you earlier. I was able to get the game running by performing a "clean boot" of my computer. Problem solved! Thank you for your help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,656 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @idkydi

I read through the DxDiag you attached, and it looks like your video drivers haven't been updated in quite some time. When you have a chance can you try downloading the most recent drivers from NVIDIA to see if that helps at all? 

You can find more info on how to update them over at the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into any trouble launching Dragon Age Inquisition afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,749 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I updated my drivers and I still have the problem. To reiterate, when I click the desktop icon or launch from Steam, all it does is open Origin. When I try to launch from Origin, it takes me to the "My Home" screen.

This is frustrating because I was able to get in-game for about 20-30 minutes at one point and now it won't even start.
Message 3 of 6 (1,722 Views)

Community Manager

@idkydi 

Thanks for following up!

Can we try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps at all? I've seen some similar cases where something in the cached data can cause similar issues. For more details on how to clear it check out the EA Help site

Let me know if you're still having any trouble launching the game afterward. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,670 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Kent, I probably should have updated you earlier. I was able to get the game running by performing a "clean boot" of my computer. Problem solved! Thank you for your help.
Message 5 of 6 (1,657 Views)

Community Manager

@idkydi 

Very nice, thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it up and running again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,623 Views)