Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Refund

by JackaL-PC

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition Refund

★★ Novice

Is it possible to request a refund on this game? I have tried for several hours to make this game playable and it's just not possible (if you have standards) to do so. I finally got the stuttering fixed enough to where I can ignore it. But other problems are: the game keeps automatically switching characters, characters I "control" are automatically running, I tried to drink a potion and due to lag, when it finally worked, I drank all 7 of the potions that I had in a quarter of a second leaving me with zero potions at the beginning of the very first boss encounter. The sad part is, I purchased every piece of add-on content for the game too because I had it on the consoles and it wasn't so bad. I have post-processing turned off completely. I play in 1440P with a G-Sync monitor and a 1080 Ti on water overclocked to 2050MHz. An 8700K overclocked to 5.0GHz, 16 GB of RAM running at 4000MHz and a Samsung 960 Pro M.2 drive. So it's not my system I assure you. It's just a hot nasty mess of a game on PC and I sincerely feel terrible for anyone that spent money on it

Message 1 of 6 (643 Views)

★★ Novice

It appears "G" is autorun but I'm still salty. Raggedy @$$ game

Message 2 of 6 (642 Views)

Hero

I've been on this subforum since the game's release and I'm unfamiliar with any of those issues. I think your computer may be haunted.

EA has a refund policy. You can get a refund within 24 hours of launching the game or within 7 days after purchasing (whichever comes first): https://help.ea.com/en/refund/

If you want to try and fix the issues instead, I recommend posting a dxdiag report: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (606 Views)

★★ Novice

I see. My computer is only haunted by this particular game though. I have 400 games on Steam. No ghosts over there. I will try that out though. Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 6 (599 Views)

★★ Novice

Here you are. I tried to read it but my ears started bleeding

Message 5 of 6 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@JackaL-PC;

How many of those other games use the Frostbite engine?  Nerd

Your rig is very similar to mine, (a bit better, actually) right down to the G-Sync monitor.  I have none of the issues you're reporting.  And neither do millions of other PC players.

I run DAI at 2560x1440 @ 144Hz refresh on a GTX 1060/6GB VRAM.  I generally see between 75-90 fps, going far higher on occasion (but not for long.)  Worst I've seen is around 60 fps during certain very busy cutscenes.

[EDIT:  Another question. Is your V-Sync graphics setting OFF?  It's pointless with a G-Sync monitor and GPU, and might be interfering somehow.]

Message 6 of 6 (584 Views)