Dragon Age Inquisition - Online Connection

by Rizartha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition - Online Connection

★★★ Apprentice

I purchased Dragon Age: Inquisition Digital Deluxe version a few weeks ago, only to realize that my computer didn't meet the requirements however I have now been able to upgrade my computer but have found a new problem.

Every time I have logged into Dragon Age Inquisition and try to log in I receive the following message

Online Connection

You must be signed in to Origin to access online features.  Please go online in the Origin window and try again.

I have checked several times to ensure that my status was set to online.

I have exited and relaunched Origin several times and tried each time to Log In to the DA:I servers

I have checked for updates

I have run the repair option

Message 1 of 17 (5,652 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Online Connection

★★★ Apprentice

Called customer support

All I needed was to delete origin and reinstall it and it was able to connect.

Seems an update wasn't going through that it needed.

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (4,909 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I currently have the same post. Googled other forums, EA kept saying that we shoud check our firewall settings. Making sure that DA:I is enabled 

or disable firewall and AV. Did that already and but nothing changed. A lot of people are having this same problem. . I guess it's a game/server issue that requires a patch.

Message 2 of 17 (5,634 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, spotted a few but with time stamps old enough that I didnt want to commit thread necromancy

Checked those as well btw.

Message 3 of 17 (5,630 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So... couple of days now...

Message 4 of 17 (5,598 Views)

I had an issue with mine a bit ago, I repaired install and it seemed to do something..but didn't help, what I did to fix it was to make sure Origin was online, then restarted whole computer and then the stupid game would start.  What broke if for me seemingly was restarting my computer while Origin was set to offline and then trying to play the game when it started back up......which is f-ed but hey.

So put Origin to online mode and then ck repair on game, then restart the whole computer while Origin is set to online..and then try to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 17 (5,587 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Pretty sure I have done this but I will give it a shot none the less, hopefully it will work

Message 6 of 17 (5,584 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No dice.

Message 7 of 17 (5,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Still no dice, I have even changed my password incase it is/was an issue with special characters such as %&*$ and the like.

In addition to this the longer I play the more errors I am getting.

Missing textures on characters, such as part of Cassandras shoulders

Character models not loading

Game locking up and crashing during cutsceans

Seriously, there use to be a time where encountering such bugs would be met with "Well, it's an indie game.  What did you expect."  Now when you start talking about game bugs that ruin your experiance you get the reply "Well, it's a Triple A game.  What did you expect."  What I expect is a game that doesnt have a list of bugs longer than it's source code.

Message 8 of 17 (5,531 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/mp-weekend-event-jan16

Well, I would have loved to participate in this event however I still cannot connect to the DA servers so I can make use of online features.

Still telling me to go online with Origin, which I have checked over and over again to make sure I am.

Message 9 of 17 (5,507 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Would have been nice to be able to connect to the Dragon Age servers for my freeking birthday

Message 10 of 17 (5,484 Views)