Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - No Sound

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Inquisition - No Sound

★★ Novice

So, I recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 10 64bit. I've tried scanning the files for Origin to fix, I've tried updating my drivers, I've tried disabling audio devices that I'm not currently using. 

No matter what I do, I can't hear ANY sound when I launch Dragon Age: Inquisition. Not a peep. 

But sound outside the game does work. 

Message 1 of 14 (11,937 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

No, no Razor software at all. 

I did however fix my issue. I went through my sound drivers, uninstalled them and reinstalled every audio driver I used. It turns out the G930 headset I use (I had installed in an unadvised method) and was taking command of DAI and even started to take control of FFXIV audio. 

Reinstalled everything in the correct order and now everything works as it should. 

Thanks guys. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (12,804 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@CupcakexBrigadeThanks for the post. Can you try wiping your settings files then check in the game again? Close the game to start, then if you go to My Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquision\Save you'll find ProfileOptions and ProfileOptions_profile there. Make a backup of these elsewhere just as a precaution, then delete them and start the game back up. Hopefully the sound will start, you can wipe the backups and get to playing. 

If it doesn't, can you check if there's an icon for the game in your sound mixer? You'll find this in your system tray near the time on your desktop. Tab out while the game is running then right-click the speaker option. Choose to Open Volume mixer, then you can see if the game shows up on your main output device. You can also try checking for alternate output devices and see if the game is showing up there, despite the actions already taken. 

I hope this helps, please let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 14 (11,908 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried erasing the ProfileOptions, still no sound. 

Attempted to use the mixer, also still no sound Frown 

Message 3 of 14 (11,888 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Are you running AVG or Avast antivirus?  If so, try removing, disabling, or creating an exception.

Message 4 of 14 (11,875 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, not running any anti-virus. 

Im trying a re-install atm

Message 5 of 14 (11,870 Views)

★★ Novice

So I uninstalled and reinstalled... nothing. Frown 

Message 6 of 14 (11,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Are you running with Razor hardware or "Synapse" software?

[EDIT:  "Steelcase" hw/sw can also cause problems.]

Message 7 of 14 (11,857 Views)

★★ Novice

No, no Razor software at all. 

I did however fix my issue. I went through my sound drivers, uninstalled them and reinstalled every audio driver I used. It turns out the G930 headset I use (I had installed in an unadvised method) and was taking command of DAI and even started to take control of FFXIV audio. 

Reinstalled everything in the correct order and now everything works as it should. 

Thanks guys. 

Message 8 of 14 (12,805 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CupcakexBrigade;  Glad you found the issue, and thanks for posting your solution.  I'll add "Logitech gaming headsets" to the list of hw/sw possible sources of incompatibilities."

Message 9 of 14 (11,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I have been having an annoying audio issue with dragon age inquisition. I recently bought it because I heard DA4 will be coming out at some point and I was always fascinated by the series. However, 125hrs in and I started having an audio issue that I have had no solution too. In addition, I am not at all tech savvy. If you could give a step by step instruction I would love it. So the audio issue is that I have no audio. No menu sound, no in-game sound, nothing. Please help me. 

Message 10 of 14 (9,845 Views)