Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Language issues

by Alex_KeysKeeper

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

olá amigo, sou brasileiro e estou com dificuldade para colocar o game em br, quando substituo os arquivos en por br e vou abrir o jogo pela origin, aparece um erro onde o game não consegue encontra o idioma. Baixei o Notepad++, porém, ao substituir da o erro. Me ajuda por favor.

Message 11 of 16 (1,300 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @djcan999 when posting on the English AHQ forums we would ask that you do so in English.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 16 (1,279 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AbC6022a5100401 Worked perfeclty! thank you!
Message 13 of 16 (1,207 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @WesleyCouto.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 14 of 16 (1,195 Views)

★ Novice

I am highly disappointed by this stupid region lock. Just because I live in Brazil doesn't mean I want to put with the disgusting second-rate translation to Portuguese. I have always played everything in English since I was a kid and I certainly did not subscribe to EA Play so they could choose the language of my games based on questionable 'region locks'.

To those still with issues, I'd like to point out that the original method for replacing the localized files also works for the DLCs. Just go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\(dlcname)\Data\Win32\loctext\(dlcname)\", rename to en.sb and en.toc files to the desired language (i.e. br.sb and br.toc), and then replace the strings using any software which will not mess up the encoding (I like using HxD, a free hex editor). Make sure to replace /en with /[desired language code] (i.e. replace /en with /br). Replacing /en/ with /[desired language code]/ will not suffice and may get you stuck in the loading screen. Any DLC which doesn't have the loctext folder with the matching localized files can be safely ignored, since it should not alter the in-game text.

Message 15 of 16 (1,021 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah guys that /en notion - without trailing "/" is important
And +1 to frustration with region locks. Now like in old good times we have to reverse engeneer games to make them just work, like, its written in description English is supported but who ever said it would work out of the box? lol
They said the decisions made in Origins and DA2 would have impact on Inquisition, yeah, but they forgot to make a simple tool to import them from saves, cloud or not. Had to spend two days and familiarize myself with Toolset, MS SQL, GFF editors, Plot Flags scripts, python utils mods and what not just to read all the statuses from my 6 years old saves to recreate them in Dragon Age Keep.. but that's how much I wanted to continue story in the exact world I made decisions in..

BioWare devs make wonderful, captivating games, as always. Its just... different people do everything possible to botch it.
Message 16 of 16 (797 Views)