Dragon Age Inquisition Graphics API locked and Character problems

by LovelyClutz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition Graphics API locked and Character problems

★★★ Newbie

So, I know this post has been made several times beforehand, but  I request help for my PC specifically. So, as most of you know, sometimes the character is not visible during Custom Creation at the start... That's happening to me and I know it's my card. I also want to mention that when I go into my settings on the games the main menu and check the Graphics API, it has a lock on it, which I immediately assume is a problem! Here is my  DxDiag information ... https://hastebin.com/afepuhabak.tex

There is also an image! (hopefully!)

Thank you to anybody reading this, and I hope I did everything properly, considering it's my first time posting on here! So, if anybody with this knowledge can help a pal out and maybe even tell me what I have to buy or download, that would be amazing! thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (10,677 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Graphics API locked and Character problems

Community Manager

@LovelyClutz

Your machine may be defaulting to the Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GT 520M GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe
  6. Select DragonAgeInquisition.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (10,907 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@LovelyClutz

Your machine may be defaulting to the Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GT 520M GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe
  6. Select DragonAgeInquisition.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (10,908 Views)

Hero

The graphics API is supposed to have a lock on it since you have Nvidia graphics. The second API is Mantle, which is only supported by AMD graphics cards.

I agree with EA_Barry that the issue is probably caused by the game not switchign to the Nvidia hardware. However, I believe even the Geforce GT 520M is slower than the Geforce 8800GT, which is the minimum for running this game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (10,630 Views)