Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game save files gone

by AhmedMon_5

Original Post

★ Novice

And now we have Trespasser, and Patch 10. Oh good, a chance to accelerate some sluggish Inkies through the less interesting bits and collections. Just check out the first Inquisitor I completed - looking forward to playing him again, not to mention share a few schematics. Let's go find the Nug. Guess what, there are only about 6 saves of this character, none higher than level 8, and all in Haven. Seems to be a gap between April and June, so not the deletion of old files. I still have the badge (June 12) and Jaws (June 21) so I was planning to do Descent before Trespasser release. Oh well. Should have done a remote save.

Oddly older and newer characters don't seem to have been affected. Experience is suffering, or vice versa. Immersive or drowning, what?

Message 21 of 36 (1,551 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine stopped after I made a good and evil name the good name had about 60 hours in almost through the game after beating every single side quest and my evil name had about 40 hours in. I stopped playing the game for about 3 to 4 months. I went back in to play it today and it didn't have any of my saves on there at all seriously Bioware 100 plus hours gone because of your stupid save cloud that's absurd im sorry. let the Xbox do its job I had no trouble with the 360 when it came to saving on a little thing called a hard drive. I am a total fan of this series and a fan of Mass Effect in fact that's my favorite game series. but if you want valued fans to continue to play your games at least let the game saves that take hours upon hours to complete be accessed!!!!

this may be the one dragon age I wont complete thanks a lotFrown 

Message 22 of 36 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Buddy da same thing just happend to me, im bloody pissed!!! All that work i did lastnight and its all gone!! They better fix this.
Message 23 of 36 (1,445 Views)

★ Novice

Funny thing happened to me, I had recently bought a new PC that I had a brand new install on, deleted my older characters that got transferred from the cloud and started a new character. Today the new character is gone, the old unwanted characters are back and my local data is all the old characters I had deleted with nothing of the new one I had started a week ago

Message 24 of 36 (1,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know I'm late but serioisly. Two years since release and i just lost 70+ hours on my second character. All I have now is new game. I started a new game and tried to switch characters as people have suggested but it does not work.

You are not helping anybody.
Message 25 of 36 (1,060 Views)

To my mind the culprit is Origin cloud saves....if you don't transfer between multiple computers making cloud saves a must to keep them all up to date to play on, then to me it is a liability that simply backing up saves to an alt drive or location every week or so does the same thing safer.  I think most loss of saves, and corruption of saves all come back to Origin cloud saves, and I turn it off on every computer and option chance I have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 26 of 36 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem on xbox one the saved data is there but in the game there is only the new game option i don't know what to do
Message 27 of 36 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just had the same problem... Had the game since launch and never had any save data bugs, took a year break and just re-installed the game with the dlc i have.  Played for about 20+ with no problems game running fine on a new character, turned my xbox off to sleep, came back on and no save game data.  None off my old saves, my new game save i started and my multi player data isn't their  I go into my mange game on the xbox one and the save data shows but the game just wont use it.

I did the delete the save from console and re-sync from cloud,  delete cash data from console and start a new character then try to change save character... the game just is not reading the old save data as if its just not their?  Its not saying anything about data corruption and am really stumped.  I do not want to start another play through just for this to happen again.

The only thing i did notice change is before i deleted my save data from the console it was 11.3mb and when i re-synced it it was 10.9mb... does this mean their was corrupted or missing data? 

Message 28 of 36 (957 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the exact same problem.
but when my new game didn't appear i deleted the saved data and synced them from the cloud and my new game appeared but the others didn't i hope we could find a solution.
I am was in the middle of my third playthrough and i don't want to lose them all
Message 29 of 36 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I had the exact thing happen to me 3 nights ago... considering this message was 3 years old it still worked for me. Thank you for posting this... it lower me to restore hundreds of hours of playthroughs!
Message 30 of 36 (858 Views)