Dragon Age Inquisition DirectX Issue

by Kaiza0san

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition DirectX Issue

★★★ Newbie

Recently got Dragon Age Inquisition for PC. Installed all good. Went to play and this message comes up: https://prnt.sc/hlgi9d

DirectX function "FindClosestMatchingMode" failed with DXGI_ERROR_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE ("The requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M", Driver: 37667

I have tried looking up similar threads but couldn't find a good solution. All my drivers are updated. Direct X is updated to. I don't know what to do. Please help...

Message 1 of 5 (756 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition DirectX Issue

I have been seeing this alot lately, and I have to think something in one of the latest updates to Win10 op system is the culprit....

Usually this means either your driver and card don't support the item, OR something else is currently using it and thus the game can't....by that I mean a program such as teamviewer, team speak, fraps, or any other than runs in the background and either ties into the game or accesses the video card for unknown reasons is interfering with the game using all resources of the vid card.  Clean boot may help with this.....turning off all such programs may help, but more info is really needed from you.  DxDiag, and possibly a list of programs starting/running in the background of your machine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank for responding. The DxDiag is attached. 

Message 3 of 5 (730 Views)

I have been seeing this on Nvidia laptops mainly since a recent Microsoft update....don't know if it was intentional change or a bug they introduced but it is getting common.  Best I can tell either it is a pure bug in which only a update of OS or Driver system will fix or something isn't set right/cross program interference.

If it is a pure bug, well not much can be done except wait until the eggheads figure it out and repair it.....

Hopefully it is NOT a bug and simply fixing the settings will correct it.  Go into your Nvidia control panel and make sure the game is set to max performance/quality from your machine....ie, make sure it only uses the Nvidia card and doesn't ever even think of using the Intel video chip.  Do the same in any power profile settings available for your machine as some power profiles will default to lower quality graphics when certain power drain and battery conditions are met.  Make sure hadware acceleration for your card is set to max in Op system graphic options.

Make sure you don't have Teamviewer or any remote access/viewing software running.  You may try a clean boot to see if you have an interfering program.. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 5 (677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also got the same error with an AMD Radeon Card. There was a large update to Windows 10 applied last week or so, I guess that's introduced something but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this!

Message 5 of 5 (565 Views)