Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe won't launch on PS4

by D_REAV3S

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe won't launch on PS4

★★★ Newbie

Decided to take a gamble on another EA game after the mess that was BF4 at launch. I have to say I'm just as disappointed. I purchased the DA:I Deluxe edition on PS4 digital download and the game will not launch. It attempts the launch and then continue to crash giving Error Code EC-34878-0. I checked the PS4 is up to date. Software version 2.03 and also that DA:I is also up to date and still the crashing persists. I deleted the game and downloaded and installed again with negative results. Nice to spend $70.00 on a game and not be able to play it. Would greatly appreciate some word from EA on a fix for this. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe won't launch on PS4

★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem here...it does not have any connection with PSN

I deleted the game and downloaded the entire Deluxe Edition again, but this time, I didn't let any other file downloand but the game.

After this, it worked perfectly, and then I installed the latest patch and the game crashes just like before.

Hope they do something about it fast...

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,545 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have been looking into this problem as well.  Here is what I've tried so far:

1) First downloaded the game about a week ago (deluxe + the DLC that comes with it).  I played for about 30 minutes with no problems, but didn't have time last week to try the game more than that.

2) Yesterday morning I launched the game and it automatically downloaded and isntalled patch 1.02.  The game would no longer launch (error code CE-34878-0).

3) I deleted the game and downloaded it again.  It finished the download, installed itself, and automatically installed the patch, and proceeded to fail to launch.  I restarted the PS4 (full power down, and power back up again), and the game still would not launch.

4) I deleted all local save data, deleted the game again, and launched the PS4 in safe mode.  I rebuilt the database.  I proceeded to download the game once again.  The result was the same as before.

5) I have repeated step 4 and have turned off the option in the settings to automatically install updates.  I am downloading the game again and will see how it works this time.

Crossed fingers...

Message 2 of 6 (1,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

An update...

My last attempt (step 5 above) didn't work.  I contacted EA support.  I was told it was because I have a Canadian PSN account but live elsewhere.  They recommended I talk to Playstation about it.  I said it was unlikely that was the problem because I was able to play before the patch.  Nevertheless, I contacted PSN support.

PSN support agreed that I had tried everything and because it still did not work they have offered me a refund on my purchase.  They confirmed it is not a problem with where I live relative to where my account was created.

Obviously I would have preferred to keep the game and play it.  I hope others who have this problem find a solution.  However, if you don't you should consider contacting PSN about it.

Message 3 of 6 (1,629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem here...it does not have any connection with PSN

I deleted the game and downloaded the entire Deluxe Edition again, but this time, I didn't let any other file downloand but the game.

After this, it worked perfectly, and then I installed the latest patch and the game crashes just like before.

Hope they do something about it fast...

Message 4 of 6 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Patch 1.02 is the problem!! I played Dragon Age fine without that patch. Installed the patch and it gives me the error. Good job at Bioware for screwing this! Hopefully the will bring out a fix soon.

Message 5 of 6 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is so upsetting because I talked to PSN and they told me this issue has never been reported to them before, which I knew was false but I didn't have this kind of testimony as proof. Now I know I was straight up being lied to. They told me to rebuild the database too. I guess I'll have to do it in order to get my refund as well... disgusting corporation.
Message 6 of 6 (495 Views)