Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes on Startup

by JaceOfHearts

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes on Startup

★ Novice

I've read every sticky, every Reddit thread, every obscure forum post. I've clean booted, reinstalled related programs, made sure everything was up to date, and made an exception in my firewall and virus defender. Nothing I do will make this game launch. I do not have AVG or Avast. My games are on a separate drive from my main drive, if that means anything.

Here's my hastebin of DxDiag. If you can see anything that will help me in there, please, let me know. Additionally I checked the "debug.log" in the DAI folder and all it said was this:

[0606/071541:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

Over and over and over again, presumably for each time the game has crashed. I have no idea what it means and Google hasn't been much help. I'm hoping someone here can help with that, or explain it, or something. Anything. I just want to play my game.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (541 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes on Startup

Hero

You already took a lot of the usual steps, but let's also make sure that the game is running on the dedicated GPU instead of integrated graphics. Open the Nvidia control panel, go to manage 3D settings, and set the Nvidia GPU as the preferred graphics processor for this game. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (523 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes on Startup

★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Nope, still nothing. It was on a different setting, "automatic" or something, but changing it to Nvidia didn't get the game to launch.
Message 3 of 3 (520 Views)