Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes, Have to Reboot PC

by 0megap0ggers

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes, Have to Reboot PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Alright so DAI will constantly crash my PC, I cant run the game more than an hour without it crashing. This usually occurs during regular game play and I've already tried the following fixes (Which are still applied)

- Disabled Origin Overlay

- Did a clean re-installation of the latest Nvidia Driver

- Lowered graphics to high

- Played in all 3 display modes, windowed (maximised), borderless windowed, full screen

- Right click repair the game

- Did a clean reboot before starting the game

I do NOT think it's a hardware issue, I can run other games (Batman: Arkham Knight and GTA 5) on the highest settings FINE. 

My PC specs are... 
Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 970 (Please note when running the game the GPU temperature maintains between 70 to 72 degree Celsius) 
16GB RAM

It's becoming increasingly frustrating, any and all help would be appreciated. 

EDIT: More details...

I used to have a GTX 770, to which the game ran fine. I just got Descent and Trespasser and decided to replay the entire game (horribly hooked again) When the game crashes, the screen goes black, I can hear a windows notification noise, all my background applications are still running (I.E Mumble, I can still complain to my friends in the chat while my screens are black) and after a while it will restart, alternatively I restart my PC myself. 

EDIT: It seems to crash more consistently when I open up the quest map. 

Message 1 of 8 (604 Views)

Community Manager

@0megap0ggers

To check if it is one of your background apps causing this issue can you try a clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (578 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm afraid that did not work. 

Message 3 of 8 (569 Views)

Community Manager

@0megap0ggers

You may want to try using a GPU monitoring app such as MSI Afterburner or EVGA PRecision to check on VRAM usage and hardware temperature.

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (561 Views)

★★ Novice

Re-edited the main message with my GPU temperature. 

Message 5 of 8 (555 Views)

Community Manager

@0megap0ggers

Thanks, what is your GPU RAM usage like?

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (529 Views)

★★ Novice

30% Usage when playing 

Message 7 of 8 (506 Views)

Community Manager

@0megap0ggers

Run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Please also manually run the following installers:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2012\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

If the crashing continues after these steps then please post your Dxdiag report:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 8 of 8 (497 Views)