Re: Dragon Age Inquisition; Black screen into a force restart (quad core)

by Crusader_bin

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition; Black screen into a force restart (quad core)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi there, i've been enjoying dragon age mostly but i'm having a major issue. sometimes the game will play fine for over 6 hours or so and then i get intermittent crashes that cause me to restart my system. my specs are: 

CPU:intel i7 3770

GPU: GTX670 - upgraded to 970.

Motherboard: ASRock  Z77 Extreme4

RAM:8GB

I don't get any errors , the screen just goes black with the last sound hanging and repeating, this issue however  only occurs while playing Dragon Age Inquisition, and once it forces my system to restart i cant play the game more than 30 mins.

I'm not having this issue with anyother game including new releases.

Please help me , I have tried everything but nothing  is working. (I have played a total of 13 hours so far)

Message 1 of 77 (13,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Read this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Menu-Freezing-Solution-Quad-Core/m-p/4022367#M7945

and this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/game-crashes-for-no-reason/m-p/4022303#M7937

No reliable clean fix exist though.

And the black screen might have to do with the nVidia fixes they are supposedly fixing.

AMD got new drivers already.

Message 2 of 77 (13,430 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Crusader_bin wrote:

Read this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Menu-Freezing-Solution-Quad-Core/m-p/4022367#M7945

and this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/game-crashes-for-no-reason/m-p/4022303#M7937

No reliable clean fix exist though.

And the black screen might have to do with the nVidia fixes they are supposedly fixing.

AMD got new drivers already.

AMD's new drivers didn't fix anything, however. It's the game itself that's the problem.

Message 3 of 77 (13,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, but as I said before, i have read everything i found but nothing seemed to help.

although I have to say that I am kinda relieved its the game fault , not my PC.

Message 4 of 77 (13,358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there anything I can do to play the game? 

Please Halp.

Message 5 of 77 (13,238 Views)

★ Guide

If you already tried everything that was posted here and the Bioware forums... Than you can only wait. It will not hurt, if you sent a msg directly to the EA support either. The more complains they have on a single subject, the sooner it will be fixed (hopefully).

Message 6 of 77 (13,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess I will have to wait then, Thank you .

Message 7 of 77 (13,109 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue, black screen without any message of error. Happens often when i want to fast travel. Not always but happens, and is a bit anoying, more when you forgot to save the game

Message 8 of 77 (12,816 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and the same GPU as you (OP). I cannot get past the cutscene/dialog where you meet Varric; at some point during the cutscene the screen goes black, the sound goes "BZZZZZZZ" or repeats the last sound over and over and then the screen says "No signal" like it would if I unplugged the cable.

Only thing to do is restart the PC but I cannot get past that cutscene. 

Tried delelting origin folders, updating drivers, running in windowed and turning on compatability mode... 

Message 9 of 77 (12,375 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@gudanzuki wrote:

I guess I will have to wait then, Thank you .

Are you running any thermal monitor to track potential internal heating?  If not, you should download one and install it.  There are quite a number available for free from Major Geeks, for instance. 

Message 10 of 77 (11,960 Views)