Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Black Emporium Weapons not usable

by Leora85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition - Black Emporium Weapons not usable

★ Novice

Late to the party, but I started playing DAI and had previously purchased the GOTY with all content. I purchased all of the weapons from the Black Emporium and held onto these until level requirements had been met. Now, going to equip them, I cannot see them on the inventory screen to equip them on the characters...even though restrictions are no longer in place. Going to the storage in Skyhold, I can see these weapons and likewise in the weapon Modification portion. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@Burntpinz So you have the weapons in your inventory and they're not showing up as weapons? Sorry, I'm confused. Even weapons you can't equip should show up in inventory > weapons if you're carrying them (unless you marked them as valuables/junk). You are actually taking them out of storage, yeah? You can't equip from storage, as far as I remember. Sorry, maybe I'm looking at the screenshots wrong, I'm quite good at confusing myself Tongue out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (495 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Burntpinz You have them in your inventory, not the Skyhold storage? You're not trying to equip the weapons on the wrong class of character? I've never actually used those weapons (I prefer crafted ones), so not aware of any bugs involving them. Screenshots might help, maybe?
Also might help to know what platform you're on, and if PC, whether you're using any mods. 

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

1. Correct the items were originally purchased from the vendor at the Black Emporium and then stored in the storage chest in Skyhold until level requirements were met.

2.Class restrictions I am aware of and do not have issues with.

3.I am using mods. Several of them and have have double checked the mod author page in order to see if any other bug reports match my instance, which unfortunately, I have not found.

Three images I have included;

Picture 1 is the main character with the Inventory screen open and showing all weapons available.

Picture 2 is to illustrate that I then opening the storage chest.

Picture 3 is Party Storage --> Weapons.

EDIT: The pictures did not turn out well uploading here so I am sharing a link to my drive folder where I uploaded them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cmqAIjHtFgd4xJRN-etaNwYW2CPMQqmp?usp=sharing

You will notice that Aurora's Freedom and the Fowl Wind are now appearing in this item selection. Aurora's Freedom has a level 18 requirement, to which I am level 20. Class restriction is Rogue only which my main is.

This same thing happens when I try to equip Sera with The Fowl Wind.[Restriction:Not Varric - Restriction: Rogue Only - Requirement: Level 18 and she is Level 19]

I am at a loss.

Message 3 of 4 (551 Views)

Hero

@Burntpinz So you have the weapons in your inventory and they're not showing up as weapons? Sorry, I'm confused. Even weapons you can't equip should show up in inventory > weapons if you're carrying them (unless you marked them as valuables/junk). You are actually taking them out of storage, yeah? You can't equip from storage, as far as I remember. Sorry, maybe I'm looking at the screenshots wrong, I'm quite good at confusing myself Tongue out

Message 4 of 4 (496 Views)