Re: Downable Content missing

by Blitzkriegerr

Original Post

Downable Content missing

★★★ Novice

Every time I load my save file I now get missing content

I'm using Steam ver.

Live chat team tried to help me and told me to go here

"Unable to load save data as required downloadable content is missing. Please download the content again.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon

Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser

The Black Emporium

Spoils of the Avvar

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Spoils of the Qunari"

I'm planning on refunding it on steam and getting it on EA Desktop beta.

Message 1 of 8 (1,103 Views)

You may try logging into EA desktop beta and see if it will launch from there.  Thread directly below this has a post that says it should work as Origin uses GOTY all in one with DLC and Beta uses original game with dlc DLd separately.... something to try at least.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/quot-Downloadable-Content-is-Missing-quot/m-p/10071... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8 (1,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought the game off steam and I don't see it on EA desktop am I going to have to rebuy it? Signed in on the same ea account. Did they remove CD keys?

Message 3 of 8 (1,070 Views)

If you are asking did they remove keys on Steam, I think the answer is yes, due to some exploits with them and EA Play subscription.  I haven't used the new EA launcher, but I just figured it would access the same account as you have on Origin and if you have something unlocked on Origin it would be there on the new one as well.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 8 (1,059 Views)

Community Manager

@24_Charles Can I check if you had played DAI using EA Play in the past, and if so has it currently lapsed?

If you launch Origin, then open the game panel for Steam DAI, can you download the DLC via the Extra Content tab or does it prompt you to rebuy the DLC?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the game with EA Play and bought it after and I still had my 1 month subscription for EA Play. To the second question no, it tells me that the content is currently available through steam and to download it through steam I placed a image.

Message 6 of 8 (974 Views)

★★★ Novice

also this discussion caught my attention that will probably fix the issue but have not tried it yet https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222690/discussions/0/5174040687094167227/

I checked my account on steam and it has two copies of the game it looks like.

Message 7 of 8 (973 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David hello there i'm having the same issue as @24_Charles i had the game through EA play on steam and after a while bought it there as well and now my game wont even let me play it because of the missing DLCs
Message 8 of 8 (939 Views)