Re: Dorian Personal Quest Won't Start

by Lunarautumn

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Also stuck same as you guys. Mine Dorian won't comment on me getting Knight Enchanter specialization either, when almost everyone else did.

Also when completing maps with Bull, Sera, and Dorian, got message Sera Approves after finishing minor quests and talking with NPCs, which was fine. But then I also got message Cole approves. Cole is nowhere near my party. What gives?

Message 11 of 16 (1,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I chose to tell Dorian about the letter and went through the conversation with him he agreed to go to the meeting but I can not find the quest on the map to go to this meeting. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? 

Message 12 of 16 (1,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If you recruted cole as a member of the Inquisition, he doesn't need to be a part of your 4 person party to have an opinion on the things you do during quest. All of the main characters you recruit, will have an opinion on your actions in or out of the quest group.Every time i do a quest that has an approval or disapproval all my members show wether they approve or disapprove

Message 13 of 16 (1,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Leovinas wrote:

Having had this problem, I can confirm that the following worked:

> Reload to just before destruction of Haven

> Play through to reaching Skyhold (I selected the "we must stop Corypheus" option)

> On reaching Skyhold, I spoke to whom I liked, including Dorian (who had no additional dialogue at this stage).  I then unlocked and fast travelled to Crestwood, walked around for a bit (reached the village) and returned to Skyhold.

> I spoke to Dorian and the letter scene triggered.  On finishing the conversation, Giselle was downstairs in the hall with the quest.

@kgriffin8623 wrote:
Yeah it's very frustrating. A lot of people are having the problem and I haven't found a workaround. I'm worried I might not be able to do his romance.

Unfortunately, it seems this quest needs to trigger early on after reaching Skyhold; as to whether or not it relies on other dialogue options is unclear, although I have to say that judging Alexius seems to have had no bearing on it (as I haven't judged him at the reload, and whatever I did in my immediately-pre-Alexius prior save couldn't trigger the scene).  As a side effect, it does seem that leaving it too long will prevent this quest from ever firing properly.

I think it was just going to crestwood that may have unlocked it. I honestly can't recallwhen exactly i triggered it, but i do remember Giselle meeting me in the main hall with the throne after coming back from somewhere. the romance option comes after the quest where you go to meet with felix and deal with his father in redcliffe, the amulet quest. I had the option after that one, and declined and he said he considered me a good friend. you build tons of brownie points with him doing that one, so even if you're low the romance/friendship point should be reached after it. and for me it was Very shortly after reaching skyhold i think.

Message 14 of 16 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Lunarautumn wrote:

I chose to tell Dorian about the letter and went through the conversation with him he agreed to go to the meeting but I can not find the quest on the map to go to this meeting. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? 

I told dorian about the letter also, and the first time I entered the inn I searched it top and bottom and it was completely empty. I left the inn back outside to red cliffe, and when I entered the inn again a cutscene triggered. That's with the quest to meet dorian's father. the one giselle gave me. you may need to exit and enter the inn a few times to trigger it for some reason. it will start the cutscene immediately, if not exit and try again. or save outside the inn, not inside , then go to main menu and reload the save. as a last resort. then enter the inn again.

Message 15 of 16 (1,167 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Cool thanks @The0megaMan I will give it a try, I Love this game but there are quite a few glitches. Even so It's still great. A couple patches to fix some minor things will be really nice, I really hope the do something about the valuables I didn't loose research items, but other things I thought were junk that I sold came back to bite me in the butt because several hours later I find I needed some of the items for a quest or a build. Live and learn I guess :-) Thanks again for your fast reply !

@The0megaMan wrote:

@Lunarautumn wrote:

I told dorian about the letter also, and the first time I entered the inn I searched it top and bottom and it was completely empty. I left the inn back outside to red cliffe, and when I entered the inn again a cutscene triggered. That's with the quest to meet dorian's father. the one giselle gave me. you may need to exit and enter the inn a few times to trigger it for some reason. it will start the cutscene immediately, if not exit and try again. or save outside the inn, not inside , then go to main menu and reload the save. as a last resort. then enter the inn again.

Message 16 of 16 (1,161 Views)