Gamebreaking bugs after In Hushed Whispers

by RangerArden

Original Post

'Disconnected from Server' while offline, singleplayer?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey! Running into this error again and decided I'd make a fresh topic. I am playing a completely vanilla game, no mods of any kind. Shelled out the $40 for the GOTY edition and can't play the DLC now. 

Ok, little rant over. Should probably explain the issue. When taking on In Hushed Whispers, my game breaks completely - either I can't complete that quest or, if I do, the subsequent quests will crash until my game is totally unplayable. Some CTDs but mostly I just get the cursed error of a blank screen, flashy lil verdant logo and then kicked to main menu with the message of 'disconnected from server'.  Reverted to pre-IHW save and took the templar route, zero issues. Managed to complete the base main game. Decided to start some of the DLC and boom, the error appears again. I get about halfway through the DLC before this starts occurring - gave up on Jaws of Hakkon but really wanted to do Trespasser. Had no issues with Trespasser until the Deep Roads, where it is now refusing to let me complete the battle with that hōhā Saarebas who won't die quickly enough. Would be so helpful if we could save in fights so I didn't lose progress every time.

Could I have help to try and fix this, please? I am playing with origin in offline mode, not sure what else to do. Have used the repair game function through Origin and obviously am using a legit copy (piracy is bad peoples).

Message 4 of 5 (678 Views)

Gamebreaking bugs after In Hushed Whispers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, so this used to happen during In Hushed Whispers, now it's happening after. The same issue doesn't happen if I take the templar storyline which doesn't really fit with my character. I'm playing in offline mode in the hope it'd be fixed, and nada - I still get a black screen and kicked to the start menu. Currently stuck on retaking the trebuchet for In Your Heart Shall Burn. Desperately seeking a fix.

I haven't tweaked my world state using the save editor, this is a legitimate world state from the DA Keep. I do have mods installed but they don't seem like they should conflict in this manner, and I don't have many - basically just some minor cosmetic changes to the inquisitors. Have tried doing the templar questline instead, and it works fine - this issue is only occurring if I side with the mages. Please help? I have attached an image file of my current load order.

Thanks in advance.

Quick edit: Have disabled all mods and reverted to playing without trials, which allowed me to get through the fight I'd previously been unable to complete. This indicates that perhaps the issue was the mods.. in which case could someone help figure out which one was crashing out my game?

Edit #2: no! Got to where I have to aim the trebuchet back at haven and it's crashed. I'm playing entirely vanilla now with trials off and it's still kicking me from the server... despite the fact I'm playing with origin and internet disconnected. Help???

Edit #3: So it seems fraps is crashing my game??? Mods are still unloaded all I've changed is fraps being open. Why would that affect only the mages' questline but not the templars'? Need an actual EA tech now I think :/

Message 1 of 5 (750 Views)

Re: Gamebreaking bugs after In Hushed Whispers

You mention that it kicks you from server even though you are playing with internet disconnected....is it giving you disconnected from server and kicking out of game??

If this is the case, then some people reported good results with disabling cloud saves, and some say Origin in game being off also helps.

This isn't a guaranteed fix but some report it helps/fixes the issue.  I personally have only had this happen to me one time but then I do generally run with cloud off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry to seem nooby but how do I do that? Origin in-game should be off I think (it doesn't seem to show the notification at least) and Origin is also offline. Yes, it's giving me the black screen then kick to main menu with the notification 'you have been disconnected from the server' which is hilarious considering I am offline, in single player mode.

Note this is only happening on DLC and the mage questline. I can play base-game with templar allegiance relatively safely and have made it.... faaaar, I'm up to trespasser and halfway through the Deep Roads and it refuses to let me complete the battle with that blasted Saarebas.

Message 3 of 5 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]

Don't create multiple threads for same issue.  You had one already, so I merged them together.  If you needed to add additional info you could either have edited the original post OR you could have posted again to the topic with the updated data.

Open Origins app, choose the Origin menu at the top, then application settings menu item, which should give you the options list for Installs and saves for Cloud saves and Origin In-Game for origin overlay in game(turning this off will effect multiplayer ability).

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 5 (619 Views)