Re: Disable Developer Console?

by INsaneyAC

Original Post

Disable Developer Console?

★★★ Novice

In many games, I map the tidle (~) key to 'target nearest enemy' but in Dragon Age: Inquisition it brings up the developer console window which is definately not what I want in a firefight.

Is there any way I can disable the developer console key (since the keybind can't be changed)?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (3,580 Views)

★★★ Novice

Out of desparation I even tried doing a Windows scancode remap.   The key no longer functioned in Windows but did in DAI (probably DirectInput or something bypassing the remap).

Please put in a disable developer console option!  Or at least let us map it.

This is killing (my character) me.

Message 2 of 7 (3,526 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed, there's nothing more irritating that getting a screenful of console jibberish when you are in the middle of a fight, and it happens far too often on PC.

Isnt there a parameter I can pass in the Target line in the DAI shortcut.
In DA2 you could simply add "-enabledeveloperconsole"  to enable the console. Isnt there a simple similar solution to disable the console in DAI?

Message 3 of 7 (3,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

That'd be nice wouldn't it.   I tried "-disabledeveloperconsole"...

Nothing.

Message 4 of 7 (3,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even better - allow it to be remapped to another key.

Message 5 of 7 (3,164 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can use the 3rd party software "Autohotkey" to remap keys. You can find it here:

http://download.cnet.com/AutoHotkey/3000-2084_4-10279446.html

Just create an .ahk file containing the following:

`::\

This remaps the unshifted ~ key to the backslash (\) above the enter key. Just replace \ with any other key you like if you prefer, but \ is unused by DAI as far as I know.

Message 6 of 7 (3,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

MyMilynn thank you so much, your solution saved my (character's) life. I often hit the ` key accidentally instead of the Tab key (to switch target), so the issue was frustrating me to the end of the world.

Message 7 of 7 (2,025 Views)