DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by yanquis1972

Original Post

Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Newbie

Just goes to show how much EA actually cares about their customer base on PC games...

Message 51 of 169 (3,999 Views)

★★★★ Novice

excactly...

Message 52 of 169 (3,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried the Occlusion one, and all it did was get rid of the directx error, but it still crashed.  I already had the origin in game option disabled, and setting it to medium mode didn't help either.

Message 53 of 169 (3,105 Views)

★ Apprentice

so far what works fopr me is i switched to windowd mode and havent crashed yet since

Message 54 of 169 (3,014 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll try that, but I still think they should fix it anyway.  After this many excellent games, I wonder why this one came out this way?

Message 55 of 169 (2,937 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone tried it with the new Nvidia Drivers today? 

Message 56 of 169 (2,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have an ATI Radeon 6850 and tried the 14.11 beta drivers, but I see that a new version (14.12)  has been released on 12/8, so I'll try that, and then try widowed but maximized if that doesn't work.

I just installed it, and it also installed something called Gaming Involved, which supposedly optimized DA:I for quality.  I can only hope it didn't make thing worse.

Message 57 of 169 (2,928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been having this problem since Windows 8 updated. About to change ambient occlusion settings now. Hopefully that will work. I know that my drivers are all up to date. been bugging me for a while now. 

It only happens when I try to go on multiplayer, or companion quests. Going to, like say, Cassandras companion quest area with the seekers. It crashes and the only way to get out is by pressing ESC repeatedly 

Message 58 of 169 (2,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tested this and it worked for me as well - before, I had crashes rather often (15 to 60 minutes normally) - I'm using a Zotac GeForce 760 GTX OC. I raised the fan speed up to 70% and played about 5 hours without crashing. So: thanks for the hint! I hope they will fix that soon anyway.

Message 59 of 169 (2,778 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@StarXRaider wrote:

Has anyone tried it with the new Nvidia Drivers today? 

I had the hope, that the new drivers would solve the problem or at least enhance the games' performance.... well my game crashed anyway after less than 2 hours!
Thanks for nothing EA. I'm trying to get help from the "support" for the third time and still got no response whatsoever. I don't want a miracle or that they solve this problem instantly... but i think it's my right as a customer to know if they are going to fix this problem.
Because I'm not sure if its just such a complicated issue or if they just give a f*** about us.

Message 60 of 169 (2,769 Views)