Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by Snusmumriken71

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

So it was apparently a driver issue?  Mine was out of date, so I updated it, but it still didn't work.  Rebooted my computer, and it had rolled back.  Updated it AGAIN and suddenly it works.  I'm sorry to say I have no idea what happened.

Message 111 of 169 (6,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I cannot even get past the opening. No saves possible so I have to create a new character every time....

I have a NVIDIA GTX 680

Message 112 of 169 (6,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this crash regularly for a week now, always in cut-scenes or at the war table. Tried every trick I could find but nothing worked. Finally, instead of lowering settings or turning stuff off I upped everything to Ultra settings and haven't crashed once in 8 hours of play. Very odd, but it might work for someone else too.

Message 113 of 169 (6,204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If you are running with an NVIDIA graphics adapter, this may solve your problem.  It was just released 2.24.2015 and even specifically mentions Dragon Age: Inquisition in the performance improvements.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82578/en-us

Message 114 of 169 (6,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Using the latest (374.52) drivers for my Nvidia 670 card didn't help - rather it increased the frequency of the error. But lowering the graphics settings (enough to turn Ambient Occlusion from "HBAO Full" to simply "HBAO) seems to helped. Based on what's written earlier, maybe you just need to make any kind of change to the settings efter installing the latest driver version?

Message 115 of 169 (5,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just thought I would share my experience with this bug. I had never came across it before through 2 play throughs. However I ran in to it earlier today after I set up a new overclock profile on my video card. It would crash during the benchmark and after that It would not reopen the game until my pc was restarted. So after that I simply rolled back to my default setting on my videocard and all went back to normal.

So If any of you that are having trouble use overclock settings try lowering or defaulting to your cards to the regular setting and see it that helps.

Also if it helps anybody spec wise my rig and game settings are as follows:

Intel i7-4820k 3.7 oc to 4.1

EVGA Superclocked gtx 780 defaults out of box(latest driver)

32gb ram

Only options not on high or ultra are:

I use SSAO

Post Processing(I hate motion blur and dof)

And any ingame aa(enhanced through nvidia panel to 8x)

Message 116 of 169 (5,929 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Guntar74 wrote:

Just thought I would share my experience with this bug. I had never came across it before through 2 play throughs. However I ran in to it earlier today after I set up a new overclock profile on my video card. It would crash during the benchmark and after that It would not reopen the game until my pc was restarted. So after that I simply rolled back to my default setting on my videocard and all went back to normal.

So If any of you that are having trouble use overclock settings try lowering or defaulting to your cards to the regular setting and see it that helps.

Also if it helps anybody spec wise my rig and game settings are as follows:

Intel i7-4820k 3.7 oc to 4.1

EVGA Superclocked gtx 780 defaults out of box(latest driver)

32gb ram

Only options not on high or ultra are:

I use SSAO

Post Processing(I hate motion blur and dof)

And any ingame aa(enhanced through nvidia panel to 8x)

I bought the game on Thursday and got the error several hours in, only the once so far in six hours. I disabled Origin in-game and turn off any running browsers. I don't think this problem is overclock so much as misallocated resources and massive spikes although I haven't touched my card from its factory overclock and I would never void my card's warranty for a game by downclocking to reference.

But the game and any tweaks are more vulnerable to errors such as this which means unfortunately, reducing the strain via slightly reduced in my case, or heavily- system dependent until drivers and patches can fix it. Especially fun at the moment to own a NVIDIA card. I love my GTX 760 (Gigabyte Windforce OC), it makes all my games pretty and run amazingly- which makes bug induced issues all the harder to swallow. I don't really care about DA: 2 but I'm enthralled by Inquisition and I'd like not to worry about potential crashes induced by bad coding.  

Message 117 of 169 (5,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i don't understand. This problem is solved or not? I can't play ..

Message 118 of 169 (5,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this problem on the first time using the War Table (during the cinematic). I rolled back to nvidia's driver 347.25 and everything is fine now.

Running smoothly on Ultra, GTX 760

Message 119 of 169 (5,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are people Stil experiencing this issue ? or has there been a patch ?

Message 120 of 169 (5,236 Views)