Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by lduchek

Original Post

★★ Novice

I am getting the error message a lot since I updated video drivers to 347.52. Nvidia geforce GTX 760 here. Will try to rollback. If you want to rollback you need to go to Nvidia's website and download the driver 347.25 not 347.52 here: Nvidia drivers download

Message 101 of 169 (7,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Mattly99 wrote:

I am getting the error message a lot since I updated video drivers to 347.52. Nvidia geforce GTX 760 here. Will try to rollback. If you want to rollback you need to go to Nvidia's website and download the driver 347.25 not 347.52 here: Nvidia drivers download

Thanks for the help. I started a new game and now it is happening a lot. It took me four tries to get through character creation. The one thing I have noticed is that it is only occurring in cut scenes. I can explore and kill with no problem.

Message 102 of 169 (7,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For NVIDIA users, did you try creating a profile for DAI under the NVIDIA control panel "Manage 3D Settings" and setting "power management mode" to performance.  Whats' worked for everyone I know, including me is this and setting Post Processing Quality to medium, Post Processing Aliasing to low.  And for the only friend I have using intel CPU also running game in full window mode.  Were all using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with display driver 344.75 or higher.

So, to clearify,

1. Required - Change Post Processing Quality=medium, Post Processing Aliasing=low
  2. Optional - Create 3D profile for DAI and change Power Management Mode=Performance
  3. Optional - Run in Full Window Mode

Message 103 of 169 (7,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@wimpmiester wrote:

For NVIDIA users, did you try creating a profile for DAI under the NVIDIA control panel "Manage 3D Settings" and setting "power management mode" to performance.  Whats' worked for everyone I know, including me is this and setting Post Processing Quality to medium, Post Processing Aliasing to low.  And for the only friend I have using intel CPU also running game in full window mode.  Were all using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with display driver 344.75 or higher.

So, to clearify,

1. Required - Change Post Processing Quality=medium, Post Processing Aliasing=low
  2. Optional - Create 3D profile for DAI and change Power Management Mode=Performance
  3. Optional - Run in Full Window Mode

The game worked fine on the 347.25 driver version. My problem is not with the 3D settings or power management. My problem is the 347.52 video driver upgrade. When I rolled the driver back to the 347.25 version, everything worked perfectly. I have a high performance video card (dual GTX770s) and I see no reason to set my video quality lower just because the latest driver release has a problem. NVIDIA and BioWare just need to adress the issue. Until then, I'll run the driver that works.

Message 104 of 169 (6,986 Views)

Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung :

★★★ Newbie

Hello i have the same problem : Directx function ''GetDeviceRemovedReason'' failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.

GPU : Radeon (TM) HD6770 M

Driver : 8.17.0010.1070 5/7/2011

Windows 7 (x64)

RAM : 8 GB

Directx : 11

Intel(R) core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz   2.20 GHz

When i started to play this game, this is not happening to me. However, as the game progressed, it began to occur more regularly...

What do you think is the cause?

What should i do?

Thank you very much for the help.

Message 105 of 169 (6,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I encountered the same problem. It is the latest Windows 8.1 update which causes the problem.
Message 106 of 169 (6,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I reinstalled windows 8.1. Make sure you back up everything. Also try Borderless mode to see if it solves the issue. I am still testing with Borderless
Message 107 of 169 (6,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting the error too now.  Running Windows 8.1 with a GeForce 760 driver 347.52.  Never had this problem until tonight and it only happens in cut scenes.  Do I wait for a fix or roll back?

Message 108 of 169 (6,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey Guys been getting this problem myself started happening  after an update I believe anyway I downloaded http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 and had it repair it may or may not have helped but going through Options at the start screen I found that my display settings in game had been reset to default ((as soon as I changed it back to Windowed / Fullscreen Borderless))  I have had NO Direct X errors in 8 hrs of gameplay everything set to Ultra or high as it goes it's Beautful. running Win 7 Ultimate on MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, Core i5 4570,16Gb Cosair Dominator,  2 MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr Gaming running 2-way SLI , Driver 347.52. as soon as I turn the display back to default it takes only 5 min for Direct X error may not fix it for everyone but it is worth checking...

Message 109 of 169 (6,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Windows 8.1, GeForce 780.  I have about 225 hours of gameplay on this (about a quarter of that is me wandering off while the game is still running), and I walk into Val Royeaux with Iron Bull, Solas and Varric and suddenly my game crashes.  Whenever I start the game now I get about 5 seconds of seeing the black screen at the start with the little symbol on the lower right corner before it freezes and I get this error message.  Why am I suddenly getting this crash NOW?  I haven't updated anything.

Message 110 of 169 (6,413 Views)