Disable Origin in game

<Crash>

Close Nvidia GeForce Experience

<POSSIBLE CONFLICT/FIX??? Good Solid, 2 hours game>

GL, hope this helps others. 

Message 31 of 169 (7,073 Views)

Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★ Apprentice

i closed geforce experience and it still crash... 

It's been one week since the release in Europa... Still not able to get the menu...

Message 32 of 169 (7,065 Views)

★ Novice

In direct comparison to many people I have had this bug in both cutscenes and during gameplay, predominanly in gameplay.
FX-8320

Sapphire R9 280x OC

G.Skillz 1600MHz 8GB

@ClewinX wrote:

This to me looks like a bug; the full text from my device is

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to

badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an

design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. "). GPU:

"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 ", Driver 34475

I've always seen this error during cutscenes, never during gameplay, so I'm fairly certain the bug is there.

Edit - I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit with latest updates and driver. I HIGHLY suspect Windows 8.1 because I've not had the crash on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop (though I also am nowhere near as far into the game, either).

Message 33 of 169 (6,873 Views)

★ Novice

Whats even odder is that Windows 8.1 Laptop;

I5-3317u

Radeon HD 7670m 2GB

8GB 1600mMHz

14.9.2 GPU Drivers.

Has yet to have any crashes in DAI. Running on low-medium setting, 1366x768, no MSAA.

Whereas my Windows 8.1 Desktop;

FX-8320 @ 3.5GHz

Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-X Tri-X OC 3GB DDR5

G.Skillz Ripjaws 1600MHz 8GB

14.11.2 GPU Drivers.

Has suffered this crash many times, It also crashes in Mantle along with tanked framerates. Running DAI Ultra, 1080p, 2xMSAA

Message 34 of 169 (6,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

*sigh* I'm getting this problem too. So far it's happened 3 times - during a benchmarking run - during the initial cutscene (I never even got to save my game and had to start from scratch) - during the initial walk (sorry - run - I'm on a PC) to the rift (or wherever - I haven't gotten there yet.)

System spec:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

8 Gb RAM

AMDRadeon HD 6850 1Gb

Windows 7 sp1

Catalyst 13.12 (although the first 2 crashes were on Catalyst 14.9 - I tried backdating in case I just had a buggy bleeding edge driver)

Message 35 of 169 (6,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens every single time I try to walk around the Western Approach area. I just can't explore that area at all until a patch lol. Also happens consistently in select places in the Hinterlands and the other desert area for me. GTX 780

Message 36 of 169 (6,834 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ClewinX wrote:

This to me looks like a bug; the full text from my device is

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to

badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an

design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. "). GPU:

"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 ", Driver 34475

I've always seen this error during cutscenes, never during gameplay, so I'm fairly certain the bug is there.

Edit - I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit with latest updates and driver. I HIGHLY suspect Windows 8.1 because I've not had the crash on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop (though I also am nowhere near as far into the game, either).

i got the same card and driver and on random the same issue 

Message 37 of 169 (6,808 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Barranoid wrote:

After reading countless topics about this error I kinda fixed it for me.

First off : I'm running the latest drivers, updates and whatever, keeping my rig as optimized as I can (since it's part of my job anyways).

The error is difficult to track down when you can't look at what the game is actually REALLY doing codewise but after a while I found something that happend everytime right before a crash : The GPU temperature went up pretty fast from around 40°C / 104°F to 80°C  / 176 °F. Fast...like in about 3-4 minutes! Shortly after that the game usually went unstable and crashed with the device hung error. Sooo :

- The GPU temperature went to pretty much exactly 80°C (176 °F). On my GeForce 760 that's usually not anything to worry about tho it's quite high.

- People who claimed to have fixed their error underclocked their GPUs. Well surely that usually leads to less heat.

- Running in windows borderless for whatever reason seems to also generalte less heat (75°C / 167°F).

After figuring it MIGHT have to do something related to a heat issue I just set the GPU fans to 80% (instead of the usual 30-40%) cooling the card down to stable 75°C / 167°F when playing DA3. So far, no crash even with one long six hour session. I then reversed the test, setting the GPU to "automatic fancontrol", waited until it was down to 40°C / 104°C and started the game :

- Temperatures went up high nearly instantly. While loading a save in Redcliffe (usually a lot of geometry and tesselation going on), it crashed nearly instantly.

- I tried again. Again in Redcliffe...it took a while longer. Maybe half an hour. Again crash.

So I needed to verify. Same savefile, location, settings. Just set the fanspeed to 80%. Four hours of playtime later...nothing. No crash. No stutter. No nothing to worry about.

Whatever caused the crash for me seems to be gone with lower GPU temperatures.

The odd thing here is that even tho the GPU was getting hot as hell in automatic settings, it didn't bother to turn up the fanspeed on it's own like it usually would do at that point. Other games (please insert name of first person shooter here) do that. I know since I tested that too and I could clearly see a change in fanspeed there. Just no changes in DA3 at all. So whatever is going on it seems to be some engine related thing that dosn't work well with the drivers, letting the GPU overheat and therefore "hang".

So yeah...concluding that long wall of text here : Try cooling your graphics cards even if they USUALLY work just fine (if nothing else, open your PCs case, turn up your fan speed with whatever software you like and so on). There might be a bigger issue here.

and where can i find the fan control of evga gtx 660 card i got dont think nvidia control panel has that

Message 38 of 169 (6,802 Views)

★ Novice

i played 60hours without bigger problems(the bug accoured once or twice), now i get the bug everytime i try to enter a new zone or just the undercraft.

lowered texture setting and underclocked gpu - no effect

Message 39 of 169 (6,749 Views)

★ Novice

powercircle and windowed screen helped for me

Message 40 of 169 (6,722 Views)