DirectX Mantle Error

by Irishguy1723

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX Mantle Error

★★★ Novice

Recently I went into options because after last patch my trees and other objects were flickering green and blue colors making game unplayable.

I was not sure what to do and I switched from Direct X to Mantle. I'm guessing my system does not like it but now I can't get into the game to change it back. I keep getting the following message.

Mantle function "grCreateImage(g_mantleRender->getDevice(devicelt), &imageInfo, &device.image)" failed with GR_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE. GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series" (26671), Driver: 188743680.

The game worked fine before was on second character. Please help. Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to stop the trees, people and other objects flickering blue and green I would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 20 (62,046 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX Mantle Error

★★★★★ Novice

Switch from Mantle back to DX.  After a certain driver update, Mantle causes the game to crash.  I couldn't even get the game to start and had to manually edit the profile settings to even get the game to launch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2rghno/anyone_know_how_to_disable_mantle_without_opening...

View in thread

Message 12 of 20 (47,056 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

First get this: RadeonPro so that you can enable Dynamic Vsync. Second make sure to set Post Processing Quality to low in the game's graphics option and, restart the game after making that change. See if that helps.

Message 2 of 20 (61,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi,

is your GPU driver up to date (I don't recognize the version scheme the error message provided)? Current release is 14.12 "Omega", or the new beta driver coming out later today.

You can switch back to DirectX 11 (without doing it ingame) by editing the file ProfileOptions_profile at your personal folder, \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save.

Open it with a text editor of your choice and search for the line

GstRender.MantleEnabled 1

and switch the 1 with 0. This should activate DX11 mode. Standard smile

Message 3 of 20 (61,950 Views)

Hero

I once had Mantle errors in Frostbite games, which I fixed by removing all AMD drivers and doing a fresh install.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 20 (61,935 Views)

You should be able to reset all of the options you set in the game by deleting Profileoptions and profileoptions_options   files in the saves folder.  This should reset the game back to original install options and allow you back into the game.

C:Users:User Name:Bioware:DragonAgeInquistion:Saves

Location above should be pretty close...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 20 (61,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Spot on!!   Worked first time for me. I wish I'd have found this BEFORE I re-installed it all  ( Game and gpu drivers )  Thanks, fella Standard smile

Message 6 of 20 (61,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! Finally a light!

Message 7 of 20 (58,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tanks Bro... u Really help me.

God Bless your Life.

Message 8 of 20 (57,573 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you soooo much! For a moment i almost smash everything in my computer cause i didnt understand what was happening... thank god people like u exist.

Never change!

Thank you!

Message 9 of 20 (55,244 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Then simply delete the profile document, restart, and redo your settings.

Message 10 of 20 (53,478 Views)