DirectX Error

by Ansehelm

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

★★★★ Novice

figured I'd pile on. I have very similar specs to Miowen, almost exact in fact (CPU is  ~3.2 Ghz neener neener) but it is as you all say...a bunch of **bleep** that this is still such a major issue on a AAA title 5 days in.

AMD Radeon GPU is getting the "HUNG" message stating it is from badly written code. Seriously??!

The beta patch 14.11.whatever does NOT fix the problem.

Please address this ASAP EA/BW. 

Messing wit mah video game time is like messin wit mah emotions!!

Message 301 of 771 (1,730 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@MonicaDien wrote:

I've got a 765M and am also crashing, so it's not just players with a 660. I went into the GeForce Experience panel and checked my Games tab, and it says that Inquisition cannot be optimized. Is this because we're still waiting on a fix, or because Bioware uses AMD cards? Or because my processor and GPU are at minimum but not at recommended?

I noticed this also and I have the same problem as you.  This is really terrible that this game was allowed to be released in this state.  Typical EA responses... none.  'Deal with it yourselves with workarounds and community sourced solutions'.  NO... you guys do your job right and test your products.  The common denominator in this problem is the game not everyones computers.

Message 302 of 771 (1,715 Views)

★★★ Novice

To those here with Nvidia cards who are suffering from game crashes during cutscenes and on the war table and then get a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG message on desktop, I had the same but managed to get rid of it by turning off "Origin in-game" (that is how it is called in the Dutch version of the interface, at least). I was suffering crashes in nearly every cutscene and visits to the war table, but since changing that setting in Origin I have had zero crashes while I have been playing many, many hours and have been taking my time during war table visits Standard smile

It may not fix it for all of you, but it is such a simple thing to do, it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Message 303 of 771 (1,712 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We are the beta testers...thats why they alowed it to be downloaded...this seems to be a common issue with games developed in the last 3 years or so-look at all the solutions that have been posted based on different opperating sysytems...configs and drivers..one way to get the bugs out-JMHO

Message 304 of 771 (1,705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Jus crash and I can even get to any opening page of the game.

http://hastebin.com/ocolufifun.tex

Message 305 of 771 (1,687 Views)

★ Novice

Whilst I still occasionally get the device hung error (and just now for the first time the game caused the driver to crash) on a GTX 770, a few things have made me play for hours without crash. Mind you, I tend to avoid to rainy maps since the errors seem to be most frequent there (coast, and the marches) - which is annoying! 

Now, I did things 1 by 1 first to see which had the most effect, but towards the end my impatience grew and I did several. Therefore I'm not sure if all are related to directx crash but like I said, haven't had a lot of crashes lately. 

-Disable Origin in-game - a popup caused my game to crash so I disabled it.

-Download latest c++ redists 

-Disable ambient occlusion (did wonders for the loading times as well)

-Antialiasing

-Maximise all the cooling in my pc (I noticed a lot of non-march/coast area errors came after I'd played for a while)

I love this game and it looks absolutely brilliant - I hope it gets fixed soon because currently I'm afraid to go to some area's because they will probably crash. And I'd like to zoom in a little more :P 

Message 306 of 771 (1,681 Views)

★ Apprentice

For me it seems "solved" by installing the beta drivers from AMD:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-11-2-BetaWINReleaseNotes.aspx

Message 307 of 771 (1,641 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont know if its solved for me now but ive switched ambient off and went into borderless fullscreen windowed mode. Played now for about 8 hours straight without a single crash.

Message 308 of 771 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Even with the new AMD beta drivers, it's the same crash. They did nothing to help.

Message 309 of 771 (1,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

http://hastebin.com/lovokazure.tex

Ugh. DirectX Crash during game play. Please help! Frown

Message 310 of 771 (1,369 Views)