Re: DirectX Error

by michaelkolmer

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Well, if their solution for AMD users isn't working, then I'm worried about whatever they will come up to fix the Nvidia cards

Message 241 of 771 (5,183 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've updated to the latest Radeon drivers but I still got the DirectX error. However when I switched to Windowed Fullscreen display I've now been able to play without any crashes so far.

Message 242 of 771 (5,142 Views)

EA Staff

Hey guys,

if you still get the issue with the latest AMD drivers, could you try launching the game in windowed mode:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save\ProfileOptions_profile (Please note that you need to edit the file in WordPad, not Notepad)

Set the following variables:

• GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
  • GstRender.FullscreenMode 1
  • GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

Message 243 of 771 (5,116 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Personaly, i never was able to launch the game as far as getting the menu, so there is not such a folder for me Frown

My game crash 5 seconds after the launch.

Message 244 of 771 (5,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@yanquis1972 wrote:

@ghost -- that would be "the" error...ive done the steps listed on the 2nd post of pg 23, will give it a go in a bit. 

@yanquis: that's just one of the half a dozen or so errors that keep popping up in the thread. Wink

Message 245 of 771 (5,070 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Tailthorn wrote:

Personaly, i never was able to launch the game as far as getting the menu, so there is not such a folder for me Frown

My game crash 5 seconds after the launch.

Same here... you get the nice symbol in the bottom right flashing (very erratically i might add) for 5-10 seconds, then it freezes and the dreaded 'boing' sounds announces the error pop-up.

Message 246 of 771 (5,061 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Guys, use the Display Driver Uninstaller (ddd), it will reboot your pc, go to safe mode, uninstall the graphic driver cleanning folder and registers.

Next install again the last drive and try to run.

I had many issues trying update my videocard, and it solved all my problems.

The program is compatible with windows 8.1, so no worries.

Message 247 of 771 (5,054 Views)

★★ Novice
Same error here.... Gt 730.
Message 248 of 771 (5,044 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's exactly what i have ^^

Happy to see i'm not alone, but sad to have this error Frown

Message 249 of 771 (5,046 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm so upset right now. I've tried to run the game in windowed mode, turned of ao etc and still it crashes every time after the intro sequenz that comes when I created my character.

How the hell can someone put out a game that does not run and can not be played by a lerge number of the customers. This is an insult for every paying customer.

I can not understand why this is listed as solved. This is far from solved as long as I have to experiment or change files from hand just to make a full price game run at all.

Message 250 of 771 (5,033 Views)