Re: DirectX Error

by Panther494

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I (and WE) have tried all the fixes.  Window Mode, DX Reinstall, New/Old Drivers, and everything else for the last twelve plus hours.

Everything mentioned on this board we have tried.  Yet all we here from EA is that it is a dual core issue.  I DONT have dual cores, I have eight.  With a system ABOVE their recommended requirements.

But they are not responding.  There is no acknowledgement that this is their problem.  There is no acknowledgement that they have any idea of what is causing it.  There is no acknowledgement of any action they are taking other than, dual core, factory over clocked, or any other fix that makes us in the THOUSANDS who are having the issues at fault instead of the acknowldegement that the ONE developer produced a bad product that doesn't meet the expectations that they themselves set forth.

All WE want is an offical acknowledgeement.

Do I sound frustrated?  You bet I am!!!  And am a VERY unhappy customer.

Message 61 of 771 (2,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my drivers are on date i have the latest version my graphic card could support!!

Message 62 of 771 (2,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Panther494

Then.. get your money back and re-buy it at a later date when they fix the issue? like I said, I reinstalled my drivers and turned off Ambient Occlusion... boom, problem was solved. Haven't had any issues since.

Message 63 of 771 (2,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First time game runs normal, after restart an error occupied DirectX function "device->CreateTexture1D(&texDesc1d,desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0 ,&texture->m_texture1d)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("AN invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series", Driver 13.9(8.97.100.11-130429a-158498C-ATI)

Message 64 of 771 (2,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having some ridiculous crashes Frown

I noticed that after each initial crash the sound would disappear from my computer, and if I tried to play inquisition again the graphics were much slower, and after that crash my computer would reboot from a blue screen, and that was with the 344.65 driver this morning. I unstalled 344.75 earlier today and instead of a sound crash my computer immediately rebooted and had to be recovered in safe mode. Not cool.

They've all occurred during cutscenes. I used windowed mode at one point after character creation and was finally able to make it past that screen, but it didn't work on any of the scenes following. Windowed mode or not, my computer gets to a cutscene, the whole screen turns black, and the computer reboots as if recovering from a blue screen. This is so frustrating.

DxDiag:

http://hastebin.com/wuvoxaciyi.tex

Message 65 of 771 (2,414 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm getting it too. Crashes exclusively during cutscenes, happens with both the latest released (14.9) and beta (14.11) AMD drivers installed.

Message 66 of 771 (2,346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Getting the same getdeviceremovedreason AMD card hung **bleep**, almost always triggers right at a conversation cut scene.

Update to date drivers, even tried the new beta drivers from a few days ago. Nothing helped.

Message 67 of 771 (2,337 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE

Ok, so after reading some advice to turn off Ambient Occlusion, I was finally able to progress through a cutscene!

... until it came time for my Inquisitor to add dialogue. Not only did my computer crash, but it did not reboot. Black screen; could not ctrl+alt+del, could not esc, could not minimize, NOTHING responded and NOTHING rebooted. I had to force a shut down and turn it back on again (which, of course, meant that I did not get a report on what the frickle frackle had happened).

This is so infuriating!!! I know that I have the specs to play this game, and even on low it's causing my computer to CRASH. Seriously, this is ridiculous!

Message 68 of 771 (2,305 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was trying again, turned on ambient as someone suggested, then on my next game all the audio completely dumped out.

God this game is a mess.

Message 69 of 771 (2,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the same thing man and nothing.

Message 70 of 771 (2,266 Views)