DirectX CreateTexture2D Error

by mayflyDecember1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX CreateTexture2D Error

★★★ Novice

This may have already been solved, but I can't find a solution that works for me. I was literally playing the game earlier this week, but now it keeps crashing. I can open the game, hit continue, but while it's on the loading screen, I get the following message:

error.PNG

I've never had problems like this before. I've tried the following solutions:

-Play in Windowed mode
-Repair game

-Update nvidia drivers
-Uninstall + Reinstall nvidia drivers

-Update Intel drivers

Someone said that a fix for them was changing the audio input, but I don't know where to change that, or if it would help at all. I've been trying for a few hours to figure it out and I'm at my wits end tbh. Any help is appreciated. ♥ 

I'm also attaching an image that has all my computer specs. idk what y'all need to know. 

Message 1 of 7 (4,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX CreateTexture2D Error

★★★ Novice
nvm I figured it out. It was one of my mods. I'm leaving this up though, because someone else has probably had this problem and hopefully they wont have to spend three hours looking for a solution like I did.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,419 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
nvm I figured it out. It was one of my mods. I'm leaving this up though, because someone else has probably had this problem and hopefully they wont have to spend three hours looking for a solution like I did.
Message 2 of 7 (4,420 Views)

★★ Novice

And what was the mod

Message 3 of 7 (3,552 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please tell us which mod caused the problem. I am currently experiencing the same crash when trying to start "Here Lies The Abyss".

Message 4 of 7 (2,686 Views)

★ Novice

i know this is an old thread, but for those that may find this in the future, i also had this problem and the mod that was causing this was one that changed the portrait icons for the inquisitor

Message 5 of 7 (2,535 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

thank you so much, this game is such a pain to mod i regret it immensely it was like opening pandora box

Message 6 of 7 (2,345 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its not due to one specific mod. In my case, the "Thedas' Nature" mods have been causing the most trouble when it comes to loading save files and entering/exiting areas. Some mods also behave differently depending on which tool you inject them through. I had to shuffle multiple mods back and forth between the old DAToolSuite Mod Manager and Frosty until i found a stable(ish) mod loadout.

Message 7 of 7 (2,331 Views)