Re: Direct X Error Crashes Dragon Age Inquisition To Desktop (Details)

by Wolfix86

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ive just rolled back my Geforce Nvidia drivers to 344.75 and touch wood it hasnt crashed for hours.  Its definitely a driver thing and 344.75 specifically says for use with Dragon Age Inquisition.  Good luck

Message 241 of 270 (3,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@supremeundead wrote:

Ive just rolled back my Geforce Nvidia drivers to 344.75 and touch wood it hasnt crashed for hours.  Its definitely a driver thing and 344.75 specifically says for use with Dragon Age Inquisition.  Good luck

Is 344.75 still working for you?

Message 242 of 270 (3,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I installed the new patch 6 and had some hope it would fix things. Presto I set all settings on ultra and the game ran fine.

For two hours that is. Then it crashed giving me a Mantle error. So I switched to Direct3D 11 and it then crashed with the familiar DirectX crash.

I am using AMDs latest Beta driver (which is supposed to work fine with the Mantle setting...) 

I might roll back to the last driver and try that but I am sick of this game now. Sick of messing with this and that setting for hours in hopes it will fix it. None of my other games or programs ever have a problem so I know its not my PC.

What the point of the patch was I don't know but clearly not to fix the crash.

Waste of money, I will revert to my usual strategy of buying games when they are old, off the charts and dirt cheap.

Message 243 of 270 (3,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I want to confirm this, except my rig runs Nvidia. It runs fine for about an hour or two, but then it's the same thing over and over again.

It's gotten to the point where I do think want to engage in dialogue, or long dialogue, because I have had so many crashes during dialogues already.
Message 244 of 270 (3,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You guys can honestly not be THIS STUPID, to NOT FIX THIS?!!!??!!

I can NOT BELIEVE this kind of *, from a company like EA. Well... actually I can. The copies have been sold. No reason to fix it. Let's not EVEN respond to anyone in here? 

We need to know what is going on to fix this. the GAME is UNPLAYABLE. 

I7 - 5930k

Asus Rampage V Extreme

3 way SLI - 780 GTX 6GB

FIX: My game has been fixed. Here are my steps: (GRANTED THIS has only been tested for 25 minutes - but before I would ALMOST immediately crash in a cutscene)

** When I was in my game, under graphic options - I never had Post Process AA - All I had was Post Processing ... Something was definitely wrong. 

Steps I took:

1.Re-installed Drivers / Re-installed DirectX (Just clicked on it ran as Admin - let it do it's thing - nothing really happened)

2. Went to C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save and DELETED ProfileOptions and ProfileOptions_profile

3. Set Post Process to LOW

so far it's a WIN for me. 

Hope this helps someone and maybe EA to figuring out this problem. 

Message 245 of 270 (3,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nah did this, didn't crash for 2 days and is now frequently crashing again 

Message 246 of 270 (3,247 Views)

★ Guide

@Pha1n0 wrote:

You guys can honestly not be THIS STUPID, to NOT FIX THIS?!!!??!!

I can NOT BELIEVE this kind of *, from a company like EA. Well... actually I can. The copies have been sold. No reason to fix it. Let's not EVEN respond to anyone in here? 

We need to know what is going on to fix this. the GAME is UNPLAYABLE. 

I7 - 5930k

Asus Rampage V Extreme

3 way SLI - 780 GTX 6GB

FIX: My game has been fixed. Here are my steps: (GRANTED THIS has only been tested for 25 minutes - but before I would ALMOST immediately crash in a cutscene)

** When I was in my game, under graphic options - I never had Post Process AA - All I had was Post Processing ... Something was definitely wrong. 

Steps I took:

1.Re-installed Drivers / Re-installed DirectX (Just clicked on it ran as Admin - let it do it's thing - nothing really happened)

2. Went to C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save and DELETED ProfileOptions and ProfileOptions_profile

3. Set Post Process to LOW

so far it's a WIN for me. 

Hope this helps someone and maybe EA to figuring out this problem. 

Hopefully people will see this. These are the suggestions that are often brought up as possible ways to fix problems. Some of them (or a combination) work for a surprising amount of people. Please try these things before spouting off that it doesn't work.

The Dx crash is a problem with Frostbite games - Battlefield 4 had it; I believe it is also showing up now in Battlefield Hardline. As such, it is going to take more than just EA to fix it.

Message 247 of 270 (3,216 Views)

★ Guide

Seriously? - Dang. Sorry man. It's a sucky thing to be building games on a broken engine. ... They need to put out a fix ASAP. Stop patching the game and just fix the crashes. 

Mine crashed once since I made these changes. Hopefully it stays stable. I just remember on day one of the game release, I had 0 crashes for the first month, but my entire system has changed since then. So I don't know if it's the patches or my system. 

Message 248 of 270 (3,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well this is just terrible. I never had any problems with crashes at all until after installing the latest patch. So patch 6 seems to be causing problems rather than fixing them. I've tried a number of the fixes suggested here and in other forums, my drivers are up to date and my specs are up to snuff. I guess I won't be playing until they get around to fixing this.

Message 249 of 270 (3,090 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Get the newest DragonAge Update

Get the newest Graphic Driver

Do ALL WindowsUpdates

Go to ur SavegameFolder than delete "ProfileOptions" and "ProfileOptions_profile"

(Win7 it should be here: C / User / Username / Documents / BioWare / Dragon Age Inquisition / Save /)

do not delete anything other than "ProfileOptions" and "ProfileOptions_profile"

Oh and dont forget to disable Origin Ingame...u can find this Option in Origin

This should do it, now start ur Game and PLAY

This is an Workaround which should 100% help u..

I already told this to around 15 people and everyone can play this game without DirectX Error now.

To mention all of them had Windows7 64bit Home and an GTX 760 or 760 Ti or 660..

Hope this one will help you if not there is something wrong with ur Computer

Message 250 of 270 (3,009 Views)