Re: Direct X Error Crashes Dragon Age Inquisition To Desktop (Details)

by Wolfix86

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Now I know there is something odd going on and I'm not sure what. Within the past week, I started playing this game again, and I set the graphics for High, only have it set to 1920X1080 at 60HZ and so far the game seems to have stabilize some what with no DX errors when it crashes when crashes to desktop after playing for some hours of game play.

It seems to me the Frostbite engine can't handle higher than 60Hz on a monitor, just like Skyrim, I noticed if I got higher than 60Hz I start having all sorts of problems including crashing to desktop with DX errors. Yet my other games can handle higher than 60Hz refresh rate. I might not be around much longer as I'm losing interest in PC Gaming for a lot of reasons.

Message 151 of 270 (2,496 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Pretty funny...u all still talking about "Change ur Graphic-Settings", "NVidia-Driver - CleanInstall", "net-framework" and such things but u dont even look on other sides or other posts..

Issue have been found, all of these "Workarounds" wont help u, this DX-Error is RANDOMLY and ONLY in Cinematic-Conversations...due to some art of delay between windows and ur nvidia-driver and because of some wrong coded things which u cant manipulate with all of these "so called  useless Workarounds"...dont waste ur time.

Some guys told its only an issue with "60" cards also (460,560,660,760...also TI) i dont think so because there are some guys reporting same issue with "70 cards" but maybe it wasnt DX-Error but rather Non-Error-Crash.

Also for u guys if u have an Crash without DX-Error-Window its not an DX-Error.

This normal Crash can be solved pretty easy just dont use Origin In-Game and ur fine (But i think it got fixed im not sure)

Before u say something, yes i have the same issue with DX-Error (GTX 760 -.-) since release and my Blood goes Berserk when i read all those USELESS Workarounds and u make all guys believe u and waste their time.

Message 152 of 270 (2,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing here....so, they ever going to fix this or they just waving a middle finger to everyone experiencing this?

Message 153 of 270 (2,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

why would I do that? I like constantly reloading every 2 minutes. Do you guys actually qa this stuff or is just random code drops and hopes for the best? Outsourced programming is awesome.

EA "we have your money so **bleep** you losers"  These video game freaks should get real lives. Nevermind they paid for untested beta code.

Message 154 of 270 (2,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing, crashes when I'm at the war table or during cutscene conversations and displays the DirectX error.
If I switch to windowed fullscreen mode, then it crashes but shows a completely white screen without an eror message.

I'm using a GeForce GTX 760.
Is anyone going to properly address this issue, it's making the game almost unplayable for a bunch of people?

Message 155 of 270 (2,219 Views)

★ Novice

They got your money they dont care...

Message 156 of 270 (2,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok guys, I have found a reoccuring theme for when I get this error.  I checked Event Viewer and it crashes at the 31'st minute of whatever hour I'm playing in.

At exactly 5:31:00 Event 7036 "The Adobe Flash Player Update Service service entered the stopped state." and 

16 seconds later I get the error and this flag in event viewer " Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered " which is when I get that direct x error.

Yesterday at exactly 8:31:00 this same trend happened.

The day before that at 6:31:00 Adobe Flash service stopped and about 30 seconds later I get the display error and the game crashing.

So, I need everyone's help in deciphering whats going on here.   EVERYONE HELP ME TEST ADOBE FLASH PLAYER UPDATE SERVICE and see if you notice this same trend in your Event Viewer. 

Another culprit could be " The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state." which happens a minute or 2 before Adobe service.

I'll let you know if by disabling this I can fix the issue.

Message 157 of 270 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another thing to consider aside from my previous post is if your game closes with no pop window explaining anything during crash.  I noticed my CPU usage is at 100% (with a Phenom 955 / Radeon 6870 and 8GB RAM).  Event Viewer showed during that crash my virtual memory was low (even though I didn't get notified by Windows).  That is a lie because I was watching Task Manager and I wasn't even using 4GB at crash time.  I speculate (along with other users) that Inquisition has bad programming causing a memory leak.  Until they patch also consider using the program CleanMemhttp://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/cleanmem.html ) to help manage Windows handling memory leak issues.   So far I haven't run into problems (cross fingers)

Message 158 of 270 (1,915 Views)

Just as a note, Virtual memory isn't how much RAM you are using, it is how much of the alotted space on your hard-drive set aside for extra memory functions by Windows.  If your hard-drive is filling up, or if you have set the amount of virtual memory too low, you can then get this warning usually.  So you may want to ck into the state of your hard-drive free space, and then check to see how much of it is alotted to virtual memory.

Win7 does that by going to control panel>>Advanced System Settings>>Advanced tab>>Performance button(settings)>>Advanced tab>>Virtual memory...with any changes to be made by clicking on the change...button and then making changes depending on need...I usually run Automatic which alots 12 gigs space for virtual memory as a match for my RAM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 159 of 270 (1,910 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks for the post last time I contacted Origins/EA was told that this maybe a microsoft issue, but from what I am reading this is a long way from Microsoft

Message 160 of 270 (1,799 Views)