Descent won't load after War Table

by astraanomical

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Descent won't load after War Table

★★★★ Novice

So I downloaded Descent and it shows up on the War Table, but every time I click it it'll start to load and go to the screen with the cards but then it goes black and the little Inquisition symbol is the corner but it just stays like that...forever. Disappointed

Anybody else have this problem or a fix for it?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (2,604 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Descent won't load after War Table

★★★★ Novice
Thanks, but I went and talked to one of the EA tech guys on the 24/7 chat. He led me through a whole series of stuff to fix my problem. So if anyone else starts having this problem, go to them!!

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,755 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem.  I restarted game and tried traveling to Storm Coast instead.  I then went to the location on the map to try to get to the deep roads that way.  Same problem.  Loading screen comes up with cards, then screen goes black with inquisition symbol blinking in bottom right corner, but nothing ever happens after countless minutes.  

Message 2 of 8 (2,559 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems I have fixed the problem for myself.  With the game closed, from origin I right clicked on the game and selected "Check for Update" and after that I did "Repair Game".  I don't know which of these actually fixed the problem or if it was a combination of the two, but finally I can actually play this expansion.  I hope this works for you.

Message 3 of 8 (2,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks, but I went and talked to one of the EA tech guys on the 24/7 chat. He led me through a whole series of stuff to fix my problem. So if anyone else starts having this problem, go to them!!
Message 4 of 8 (2,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The real solution would be the steps the tech took to fix the problem.  They go through a list of actions to fix problems. 

Be aware that cosmetic mods to companions can cause the game to crash.  The game is not mod friendly.  I fixed my problem by replacing a companion which previously had a cosmetic mod.  The module then loaded and played without problems.

Even after you remove a cosmetic mod there may be fragments which affect the game causing it to crash.  

Message 5 of 8 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You commented on a 4 year old post to tell me an answer to a problem I obviously already fixed?

Message 6 of 8 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@astraanomical other people could be looking for an anwser including me.
Message 7 of 8 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Shapshoter55 you know what, that's fair. I didn't think of that when I was being snarky.
Message 8 of 8 (1,118 Views)