Re: Descent is Bugged - My hero is trapped beneath level

by RecentCoin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Descent is Bugged - My hero is trapped beneath level

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Descent is full of GLITCHES !

I need help NOW. This dlc is bugged, I have NONE idea what the heck happened and I am seriously pissed off.

First - the Descent somehow turned into nightmare mode, the enemies never end, the Darkspawn Emissary likes to be untouchable via. blocking in impossible positions to hit by anything, many times game also ignores him and won't allow anybody to have him on target.

I am trapped and I really wanted to do Descent NOW. I am on 27 level and they are on the same level as I am, I beat this dlc few times in my life and I can seriously confirm that this time something is very very wrong.

Next issue is happening right NOW - and I need solution at once since game disallow me to exit area or do anything besides loosing progress ...

and I am trying for damn fourth time to pass this terrible thing.

My hero somehow fell trough entire level, she is trapped beneath level.

In some Deep Roads abyss ... and what is worse time after time all her companions even Renn and Valta come to her.

So now not only she is trapped without escape route, but also Sera, Blackwall and Iron Bull. If there is any command to fly trough level I would be gratefull.

Or if there is any chance to dumbed down difficulty in this dlc because I am already too tired to even WANT to repeat this terrible level with stupid op enemies for no freaking reason !

I would add screenshot of this but game dissallows me do it too !

Message 1 of 6 (1,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Then I have to leave Descent at all, because it seems all steps there are those fake ones. The first time when entire level is unplayable.

I even cannot tell where is this "spot" because game behave too chaotic there. This is the first time when this dlc behaves so ... broken. Bah, it is broken. No matter where they stand somehow game will push them to fell. Why there is no console command like "tcl" is beyond me ... or why there is no return option there instead I am trapped.

I use ranged attacks on them. But this one ? The last one ? Like I said the game likes to glitch him out. He stands in spots where is not supposed to be, from there he hits everybody by his stupid flame attack, and we are just trying to target him. If I have luck game finally acknowledges his existance and allow me to hit it - I can even stand in front of him and the game does not see him as available target. Ogres are easy but it is this never ending swarm of lower enemies which is just too much.

I wish combat here would work like in DA II ... at least I would have some control on others.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,695 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Getting trapped beneath the map isn't restricted to Descent.  Has happened to me in several places (coolest was under Valammar!)  Only solution is to re-load a save from before you fell through.

As for things being too difficult, just go to the Options Menu and set the Gameplay to "Casual".  Problem solved.  Nerd

[EDIT:  Years later, now realize that @RecentCoin 's fix (see below) of switching to another (not trapped) party member and then moving away until my Quizzzy rejoins the group is a much  better solution!]

Message 2 of 6 (1,686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I played this game so far on three characters - some of them repeated 697 hours and only NOW this game started to throwing me under anything. And only in Descent today, not at Skyhold, not at Hissing Wastes only Descent and only this one freaking part of it.

It is on such level, yet somehow Descent enemies are so much op ... and I remember that I beat Descent on others when they had even lower levels than required.

This is just weird, the game doesn't treat my 27 level as such. And I beat all high dragons too - even those were easier.

Any battle seems like I was ... I don't know .. 17 perhaps ?? Also Jaws of Hakkon were easier than this.

Really ? There is none command to this game ? Geez and I thought Bethesda is lazy with "tcl" command. I see that BioWare is even worse at this.

Loosing progress because of their glitches .. argh, if Descent will still be like this, this time I will skip it.

Message 3 of 6 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Expert

Falling under the terrain happens now and then. If you cannot switch to a charater that is not under the terrain, and thus be proted to that character, or travel to a camp via the map, then you need to reload and not step in that spot again.

As for Decent, the ogres are tough, Emissaries are okay unless Walk Softly is on, then they move around a lot and, you have to move a lot to keep your line of sight so that you can hit them. Often you need a ranged attack that they are not immune to in order to take them down.

I've done it as low as level 19 on nightmare with all trials on so, I know it can be done.

Message 4 of 6 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Then I have to leave Descent at all, because it seems all steps there are those fake ones. The first time when entire level is unplayable.

I even cannot tell where is this "spot" because game behave too chaotic there. This is the first time when this dlc behaves so ... broken. Bah, it is broken. No matter where they stand somehow game will push them to fell. Why there is no console command like "tcl" is beyond me ... or why there is no return option there instead I am trapped.

I use ranged attacks on them. But this one ? The last one ? Like I said the game likes to glitch him out. He stands in spots where is not supposed to be, from there he hits everybody by his stupid flame attack, and we are just trying to target him. If I have luck game finally acknowledges his existance and allow me to hit it - I can even stand in front of him and the game does not see him as available target. Ogres are easy but it is this never ending swarm of lower enemies which is just too much.

I wish combat here would work like in DA II ... at least I would have some control on others.

Message 5 of 6 (1,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@noname55rr My 2nd ogre wandered off through a wall so I can't finish the waves of Darkspawn. As for your issure, if you have any of the characters that are not trapped, swap to one of them and run. The engine will eventually pull her toon back to "normal" space.

A
Message 6 of 6 (1,515 Views)