Re: DLCs don't work.

by dhansell

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GOTY DLC Won't Work In Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Please read everything before responding, especially EA employees.

I previously played this game through EA Play. Then I bought the GOTY version which has all 15 DLCs. But none of the DLCs are working. There is no option to choose custom difficulty options when doing a new game. There is no war table operations regarding the DLCs like Black Emporium, etc. It's like I'm just playing the vanilla game even though everything is downloaded and installed and checked.

I already reinstalled both the game and Origin multiple times.

I tried repairing the game.

I tried starting them in Admin mode.

I made sure the DLCs' boxes are ticked in "Manage my DLCs" section in Steam.

I made sure I'm connected to the Origin servers (I can access Dragonagekeep and Multiplayer).

Also, this problem occurs when people are gifted the game. No one gifted the game to me, I bought it myself, before anyone asks.

I've read many threads here about the exact problem I'm having. I tried their "fixes" as best as I could.

Almost all of them played this game through EA Play and then bought the GOTY version, which seems to be broken, though I don't know why there is no definite fix to this problem.

I unlinked and relinked my Steam account to my EA account, as suggested by one of the threads.

I contacted EA Help, as suggested by one of the threads. They couldn't help me. I will go more into that.

I inquired about removing the game from my account and gifting me another copy of the game, as suggested by one of the threads. EA Help ignored my request during a case.

I contacted EA customer service multiple times through Live Chat and sending tickets (My Cases).

I feel like I'm talking to a wall whenever I talk to them. They offer no help and talk like an artificial intelligence, offering regular troubleshooting like verification, repairing, updating, etc.

I've been trying to solve this issue for a week now. Please stop recommending EA Help or giving me auto-generated responses like updating my drivers or repairing the game.

Thanks.

(cm edit - updated  title)

Message 1 of 13 (3,179 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★ Guide
@virtualdream Your issue is a bit different from folks I've helped, but, I'd be happy to provide you with a file that has helped others load their saves when they have the DLC installed but the game doesn't recognize it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Xbox-Game-Pass-for-PC-DA-I-says-I-m-missing-DLC-I-d...

DM me on Discord pur3driv3l#6231

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (2,682 Views)

All Replies

Can you just open Origin and access the DAI game page in your my game library tab then look at the Extra content tab below the play button in line with Friends who play, achievements and virtual currency??

Reason I ask, is this is where Origin displays all the expansions and add-ons for the game that are downloaded and being used by Origin.  I know Steam is where you bought the game, but my understanding is that while linked, it still basically just tells origin to open and start XXX game when you click play in Steam.  So if Origin for some reason doesn't download the DLCs or doesn't know they are DLd then they will never work.  I almost always start any Origin game through Origin, or whatever other launcher they originally used even if I did purchase them from Steam. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 13 (3,032 Views)

★★★ Novice
@mcsupersport I already checked Extra content tab. Under every DLC, it says "You have this content available through Steam. Download it on Steam to add it to your game." with a green check-mark next to them.

I also tried starting the game through Origin. The same problem.
I also tried closing Steam and starting the game through Origin. It triggered Steam to open up and then the game started. The same problem.

Thanks for trying to help, though. You did more than most.

BTW, If Origin thinks the DLCs are not downloaded, how can I make it think that it is downloaded?
Message 3 of 13 (3,010 Views)

You may try clearing the Origin Cache files and see if this resets the DLC availability for you.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ 

I haven't ever seen Origin say it is available through steam before....but maybe that is because I kinda interrupted the linking the systems when last I bought a game on Steam for Origin, I usually just buy through Origin.............

I guess the other option would be to uninstall the DLCs(if you haven't already tried) and re-install them....wouldn't bet on it working, but something.......

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 13 (3,004 Views)

★★★ Novice
@mcsupersport I followed the steps on your link. Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick either.

FYI "Available through Steam" thing looks like this: https://imgur.com/7yvuEo0

I already tried uninstalling all the DLCs and re-installing them. Didn't work. I actually tried it more than once.
Message 5 of 13 (2,985 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@virtualdream Your issue is a bit different from folks I've helped, but, I'd be happy to provide you with a file that has helped others load their saves when they have the DLC installed but the game doesn't recognize it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Xbox-Game-Pass-for-PC-DA-I-says-I-m-missing-DLC-I-d...

DM me on Discord pur3driv3l#6231
Message 6 of 13 (2,683 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dhansell I added you on Discord. I'll take any help I can get. I just want to unlock all the achievements.
Message 7 of 13 (2,558 Views)

★ Guide
@virtualdream Accepted your invite!
Message 8 of 13 (2,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as you, and I do not know what to do. I bought the game through Steam, the game of the year edition. And I cannot use any of the DLC. Steam says they are installed, and origin says I have to install them through Steam. But none of it appears in the game. I don't know what to do. If anybody can help, I would appreciate it.

Message 9 of 13 (2,502 Views)

★ Guide
@Rileyvader The ProfileOptions file switch worked for @virtualdream. DM me on Discord pur3driv3l#6231
Message 10 of 13 (2,469 Views)