DAI won't load on Windows 10

by Kirrentas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI won't load on Windows 10

★ Novice

I recently installed Dragon Age Inquisition from the Origins desktop app on PC. When I try to play (load the game) I get the message:

Mantle function “grGetExtensionSupport(m_gpus[gpulndex],

“GS_WSI_WINDOWS”)” failed with

GR_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE. GPU: ** (0), Driver: 0

I have tried everything. Uninstall Origin client, uninstall the game and reinstall, run as administrator etc

Windows 10 is telling me the game is incompatible. I try to then use Windows 10 compatible utility and run the game in Windows 7 mode, still the same error pops us. 

My assumption through all the posts and fixes I have read, there is a DX issue with AMD Mantle.

My system: OS Windows 10 CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, GPU: Radeon RX 580, RAM: 16.0 GB

Message 1 of 3 (532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DAI won't load on Windows 10

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kirrentas  It looks like you may have enabled Mantle in the game options, which AMD no longer supports. You can disable it by opening your settings file in a text editor and changing a 1 to a 0.

The file is called ProfileOptions_profile and is in Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save.

Look for GstRender.Mantle and set the value to 0.

Uninstalling the game doesn't reset the settings file, which is why this issue didn't go away.

The game is Windows 10 compatible, so no need for any compatibility modes. If you still have trouble launching the game after disabling Mantle, you can try deleting ProfileOptions_profile entirely. This will force the game to create a new file with default settings.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (496 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kirrentas  It looks like you may have enabled Mantle in the game options, which AMD no longer supports. You can disable it by opening your settings file in a text editor and changing a 1 to a 0.

The file is called ProfileOptions_profile and is in Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save.

Look for GstRender.Mantle and set the value to 0.

Uninstalling the game doesn't reset the settings file, which is why this issue didn't go away.

The game is Windows 10 compatible, so no need for any compatibility modes. If you still have trouble launching the game after disabling Mantle, you can try deleting ProfileOptions_profile entirely. This will force the game to create a new file with default settings.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (497 Views)

★ Novice

To Hero,

Thanks. I did exactly as you stated. It worked great. I can now run DAI!

I played this sometime ago and thought to revisit is, as it was a great game in my opinion. With DA4 looming in the near future, why not get back into that game world and have some fun. Plus I did play the DLC's, but never finished any of them. I look forward to doing that.

Thanks again! 

Message 3 of 3 (485 Views)