Re: DAI won't launch -- tried so many things already

by elijaaaaaah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI won't launch -- tried so many things already

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here's my DXDiag. 

DAI used to work absolutely fine on this exact same PC; I have 158 hours in the game and have completed a whole playthrough with minimal problems! I started replaying the whole series earlier this year, finished DA2, and was surprised to see that DAI simply would not open anymore. It is a Steam copy. Launching through Steam opens Origin; launching through Origin does nothing.

I have tried:

- Disabling antivirus

- Reinstalling Origin

- Repairing DA:I through both Origin and Steam

- Reinstalling DA:I (twice)

- Clean boot

- Clean reinstall of GPU drivers (they're fully updated, btw)

- Manually installing the software in the _Installer folder of the DAI local files

- Running in compatibility mode

- Running the .exe directly as an administrator

- Running Origin/Steam as an administrator

- Checked for NVidia 3D Vision -- don't have it

Edit: I also do not have AVG or Avast, which have also been noted as possible causes for this issue. I'm guessing maybe an issue with a driver update, since a problematic one could've come out between when I last successfully played and now? /edit

I've talked to customer support; some of the things above were recommended by them. None have helped. I would really appreciate it if anyone has a potential solution! Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (1,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
It's a pretty big step, but could you try launching the game on an alternative Windows profile and see if that helps?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile-in-windows-1cf41c18-7ce3-12...
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,284 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I see mention of Activation64.dll in your DxDiag's crash logs for this game. @mcsupersport made a post about this back in 2020 over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-inquisition-Wont-launch-Nothing-works/td...

See if resetting the Origin cache fixes this: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

----

One generic troubleshooting step that I haven't seen mentioned yet is to delete your game settings manually (a reinstall or repair skips this). Go to Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save. Find a file called ProfileOptions_profile and delete it. Hopefully that allows the game to launch, at which point it will create a new ProfileOptions_profile file.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (1,558 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I appreciate the response! I tried clearing the Origin cache, deleting the DAI settings file, and then launching with another clean boot -- no dice, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 8 (1,525 Views)

★★ Novice
Tried rolling back my drivers, also didn't work. Earliest I could find was still from 2022 though, so it's not impossible that that's still it. I do have NVidia GeForce game-ready drivers, which I've heard can be problematic.
Message 4 of 8 (1,413 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue and have tried all of the same solutions. Tried EA support and they sent me to the forums. Glad to see I am not the only one having this problem.

Message 5 of 8 (1,382 Views)

Community Manager
It's a pretty big step, but could you try launching the game on an alternative Windows profile and see if that helps?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile-in-windows-1cf41c18-7ce3-12...
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,285 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David My god, I NEVER would've figured that one out. Worked immediately upon creating a new profile, following the steps linked to transfer things over to the new profile now. Thank you so much!
Message 7 of 8 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got exactly the same issue, Ive tried everything i could find in all of this posts and absolutely nothing gets me nearer to playing the game, I only grow more frustrated by the minute.

I have no Idea what else to try. and as I have no error message I dont know what the problem is to begin with. 

Ive attached my DXdiag here but that doesnt say anything that helps me find any different approach. 

Any ideas please?

Thanks! 

Message 8 of 8 (944 Views)