Re: DAI poor performance

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

DAI poor performance

★★ Novice

Hello, i have very big problems with DAI. I have new graphic card and i have many laags, FPS drops, stuttering etc during gameplay. I can play games like Witcher 3 or Mafia 3 without problems but i cant play DAI in normal way. I don't know what to do with it. I try many thing so maybe someone know what to do.

I have:

AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz

8 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1060 3GB graphic card.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 9 (767 Views)

Hero
Message 2 of 9 (742 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry im little bit late but here it is 

Message 3 of 9 (710 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@delegat330 Does it help to change the graphics settings? From what I've read, modern NVIDIA drivers are awful with this game when running it on the DirectX 11 API. Switching to DirectX 9 might improve performance, at the cost of visual features. (Edit: Sorry, thought I was in the DA2 forum for a second.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 9 (670 Views)

★ Apprentice

gtx960 4gbvideo , 16gb memory, 6 core i7 i can play any resolution is good, but 4k is a bit laggy, Make sure you not in 4K , go 2k. Max shader make skin better or the old look young. I can run ultra at 2k without lag so you can run it.

Message 5 of 9 (647 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont have 4K ...everything that i tried failed. I can play DAI with Origin offline but there are parts when FPS are crazy. Like in Fallow Mire or Crestwood. Some cutscenes are laggy too. I dont know what to do. 

Message 6 of 9 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

lock it at 60 fps maybe like skyrim if you go too much high its make the game weird. my cpu are half your power and i can play 2k ultra graphic.  OR option number 2 try a ENB maybe. The ENB are 100% going give you more adjustement.

Message 7 of 9 (593 Views)

Hero

@Elizabeth_QC wrote:

lock it at 60 fps maybe like skyrim if you go too much high its make the game weird.

Setting a framerate cap might work in some cases. I don't think DAI's game logic is tied to framerate (except the cutscenes are locked to 30), so I don't think it's exactly the same, but locking the framerate to the monitor refresh rate is a good practice regardless. It prevents the hardware from doing more than what's necessary, which in turns helps with temperature. High hardware temperatures can lead to throttling, which means you can get stuttering.

It might be a good idea to monitor temperatures (for instance with RivaTuner) as well as CPU usage by other applications (in the Windows task manager).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 9 (581 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe he put the game on a HDD and everything update in background window/origins/other game . Buying SSD can be a good option too if he not have one. And if he stay on a 3gb video card maybe a ram upgrade to 16gb is not bad and a good vram config. Also not using any mod since inquisition are unstable with them.

Message 9 of 9 (569 Views)