Re: DAI doesn't launch

by AlciaMalo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI doesn't launch

★★★ Novice

So I bought DAI GOTY Edition on Steam, and I actually played for an hour, everything was fine. The next day I couldn't launch DAI.

When I launch it, origin starts and refreshes the main page, thats all. It doesn't even show up in task manager.

I don't have any antivirus installed expect Windows Defender, I've cleared local cache and manually uninstalled origin, I've performed a clean boot. I've tried repairing the game, I've also let the game through firewall. Nothing I've found worked. 

I attached my DxDiag file, if it helps.

Message 1 of 14 (3,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Something that may also work is to delete your settings file to force the game to generate a new one. The file is under Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save, and is called ProfileOptions_profile.

Also, have you tried bypassing Steam and launching the game straight through Origin? (Assuming that's possible.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (3,252 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Something that may also work is to delete your settings file to force the game to generate a new one. The file is under Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save, and is called ProfileOptions_profile.

Also, have you tried bypassing Steam and launching the game straight through Origin? (Assuming that's possible.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 14 (3,253 Views)

You should also try making sure Both Steam and Origin are set to run as administrator.  I have also heard some say to run one as admin and the other not.....usually steam not and origin as admin, but a few have had good results from this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 14 (3,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

I removed both ProfileOptions and ProfileOptions_profile and it worked! Thank you so much for help Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (3,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same situation and tried everything recommended in this thread and nothing worked so if you or anyone else has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated

Message 5 of 14 (2,944 Views)

@herocrossfire204 Please post up a DxDiag file so we can see what is going on with your system....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 6 of 14 (2,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Im sorry im not sure what a DxDiag file is. Okay i looked it up and does this work 

Message 7 of 14 (2,922 Views)

First step is to double or triple check that your system is set up to use the 970M video card from Nvidia instead of the Intel chip.  If the game runs on the Intel, it will like crash or lock up. 

If your system is running on Nvidia and still having issue, then a clean boot is the next step, this is to see if another program is causing interference.

Message 8 of 14 (2,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that and it worked, thank you for the help.

Message 9 of 14 (2,874 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. It either just refreshes Origin or crashes before loading. I've gotten into the game twice, but then it crashes at the first fight. Here are all the things I've tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the game on steam (as well as uninstalling Inquisition I had on Origin when I first played it years ago)
  • Cleaning Origin cash
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin
  • Giving Inquisition special permission for Avast
  • Running Steam and Origin as admin
  • Deleting the Profile_options file
  • Clearing local cash
  • Clean booting my PC
  • Repairing the game on Origin and validating the files on Steam
  • Updating all drivers that needed updating (my PC is old, so even updating them means they are "out of date")

I'm not sure if I messed up one of the steps or something, because it's still not working. I'm attaching my DxDiag if that helps.

Message 10 of 14 (2,821 Views)