Re: DAI Won't import custom World State pc

by Scarletgamester

Original Post

DAI Won't import custom World State pc

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have tried all the fixes I have found on forums nothing helps, I have been trying for two days now, I have tried different world states renamed, locked and unlocked nothing helps, I click the export button  which gives me a green tick and a message saying it is ready for the start of a new game, but DAI won't import, all I get offered is the default world state.

I can't understand why EA have done it this way instead of a direct import like dao into da2?? Won't be playing this game now until fixed, don't want to play default. Please fix it.

Message 1 of 8 (1,459 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem... Angry
The default one is the worst World State... Devil

I have to agree on the import a saved game like what they did to DAO and DA2... I played both games and really been careful of the decisions I make on the story... so that it will reflect on the next one... Makes me feel immersed on the world of the game--- and not just i could make a template and just click click and poof... There's you story. Tongue out

--- I tried every troubleshooting ideas other players give but it didn't work for me. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,432 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for replying, I tried a drastic solution and it worked, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, deleted my last playthrough saves all of them even my character and started a completely clean new game.

Just one hiccup that didn't run true was Branka it saying she was never found when clearly I killed her, but, I wasn't going to restart because of that, everything else has been fine.

Message 3 of 8 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Scarletgamester I think that if you killed Branka, it will say she was never found (being the only living Paragon, I don't imagine the Dwarves would have looked too kindly upon the Warden killing her, even if she was totally nuts). Not totally sure about that, but it makes sense.

Generally, the only thing which will prevent a world state from importing when you're creating a new character is not being connected (and logged in) to the servers. Well, that's the case on PC, anyway, not sure if consoles have their own unique issues with world states importing. Anyway, glad you got it sorted, even if it did require you deleting your previous character(s).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 8 (1,411 Views)

★★ Novice

@Scarletgamester Ooooh! I might try that again... Thank you for the tip. Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (1,405 Views)

Hero

@FlourWeaver There was apparently an issue with the servers several days ago (not sure when, exactly, as I have been away for a few weeks), which caused issues with World states importing among other things. If you haven't tried since, you may want to try importing again before taking the drastic step of uninstalling and reinstalling the game (it's time consuming, and a lot to download, if you have any sort of download limit).

Also, rather than deleting your previous characters, you can simply move the save files or put them in a new folder within your save folder (assuming you're on PC). Means you can go back to them if you ever want to. Also, removing all your previous saves will mean you can't access the golden nug until you finish the game on a new character. Wink Just a heads up.

If you have exported your world state from the Keep (using the same account as you use in the game), you're logged on in Origin and within Inquisition, you should be able to import that custom world state when you create a new character. Check that you don't have a firewall or anti malware program preventing Origin or the game from accessing the internet. Wonder where it's going wrong for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Leora85 wrote:

@Scarletgamester I think that if you killed Branka, it will say she was never found (being the only living Paragon, I don't imagine the Dwarves would have looked too kindly upon the Warden killing her, even if she was totally nuts). Not totally sure about that, but it makes sense.

Generally, the only thing which will prevent a world state from importing when you're creating a new character is not being connected (and logged in) to the servers. Well, that's the case on PC, anyway, not sure if consoles have their own unique issues with world states importing. Anyway, glad you got it sorted, even if it did require you deleting your previous character(s).

Thank you for reply I was logged in to the Keep and my game servers, I tried various solutions for days but nothing worked until I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling DAI Drastic indeed but it worked first time. Maybe it was because I had already done a play-through not knowing about the Keep thus using the default world state and it was stuck. Starting a totally clean game worked for me.

Oh the joys of gamingStandard smile

Message 7 of 8 (1,390 Views)

★★ Novice

@Leora85 wrote:

@FlourWeaver .

If you have exported your world state from the Keep (using the same account as you use in the game), you're logged on in Origin and within Inquisition, you should be able to import that custom world state when you create a new character. Check that you don't have a firewall or anti malware program preventing Origin or the game from accessing the internet. Wonder where it's going wrong for you.

Thank you for the tip I will remember that in the future.Wink

Message 8 of 8 (1,388 Views)