DAI Won't Launch

by Dinjn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI Won't Launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

DAI is seemingly launching fine with its screen being black for a few seconds then just goes right to desktop I've tried everything I can see and I don't have an Avast Firewall (since I don't pay for it). So I don't believe its the problem. can someone help me out with this problem. So far I've done the clean boot running all the .exe's in the DAI file and even reinstalling it and Origin.

This is my DXdiag file for anyone willing to help.

https://hastebin.com/puribugoxu.makefile

Message 1 of 16 (847 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DAI Won't Launch

I personally don't have Avast....for my sins I use AVG and have for years. 

Two sites linked should be able to walk you through the steps.  You will need to put Dragon Age Inquisition(I personally just put all my Origin games folder in mine), Origin program, and DAI saves folder in exclusions.  So that is 3 things that must be added.  As an alternate you should also be able to temporarily disable your AV for a set time and get it to start that way too....

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Antivirus-scan-exclusions

https://www.getavast.net/support/managing-exceptions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,123 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Dinjn;

Well, the first problem I saw was that your rig only has an Intel 530 integrated GPU.
That is totally unsupported, and totally inadequate for the game.

Then I also saw a bunch of "Windows Update" failures in your DXdiag crash reports.  So fixing that should probably be a priority for you, even though you'll never be able to run the game on that machine.

Sorry I don't have better news.  Frown

Message 2 of 16 (822 Views)

★★ Novice

@ThandalNLymanIs there anything else besides those Issues I have for the game?

Message 3 of 16 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Dinjn wrote:

Is there anything else besides those Issues I have for the game?

Without a real video card you will never be able to play DA:I on that machine.

And since you have an "Intel Integrated" GPU, I'm assuming you have a laptop which can't be upgraded.  So I think you're SOL.

Message 4 of 16 (795 Views)

★★ Novice

@ThandalNLymanAlso I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M and that Intel Graphics card so how do I get my dxdiag to read that as my main GPU

Message 5 of 16 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ahhh... You'll need to take a look at the nVidia Control Panel, or your system's BIOS, to figure out how to force it to use the nVidia card rather than the Integrated GPU.

Can't help you there, I don't use a laptop for gaming!

Message 6 of 16 (785 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright thanks for helping me out since I see that as my problem. If I can't do it through the control panel I'll have to get a professional to help me out and take care of it.

Message 7 of 16 (769 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there anything else you see that could be a problem. Cause DXDiag is still reading that as my Display but DAI specifically is running on the NVIDIA. So that isn't the problem with the game at all.

Message 8 of 16 (762 Views)

You list a Razor mouse as installed.  Razor software(I think it was the online reporting component of it, actually) is a known issue to cause crashing of DAI in specific and Frostbite games in general.  Also as a special note, AVG also causes issue same as Avast, and I have heard recently of Malwarebytes causing issues with the game as well.  Malwarebytes was worse than AVG/Avast, but they all can cause issues.  So if you have AVG or Avast make sure you put in exclusions for global.

As for the Razor products, either uninstall their support software, or go into processes and stop the online reporting processes and it may work.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 9 of 16 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

@mcsupersportI don't have a firewall with Avast so it shouldn't be causing a problem at all and I have the razer program not on my computer anymore.

Message 10 of 16 (721 Views)