DAI: The Descent DLC crash during cinematic

by LiverodS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI: The Descent DLC crash during cinematic

★★ Novice

Hello

After running around in the Deep Roads killing darkspawn I come to one out of many doors that needs to be opened. I've opened all of them but one, after this one a cinematic starts (where some darkspawn come running through a burning tunnel with pillars all around) and then it starts loading (probably to get everything ready for the fight) but it never finishes loading. I can hear my character and companions fighting but all I see is the Inquisition logo in the right corner. Thus, I cannot continue the game ... 

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 10 (5,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DAI: The Descent DLC crash during cinematic

★★ Novice

Hey i was alt-tabbed while posting this, came back and it had loaded...weird, maybe just leave it for a bit?

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (6,255 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same here, got it before I installed my new drivers for windows10 AND after, cinematic plays, screen goes black w/ logo in corner and can hear combat playing but cant do anything. 

Message 2 of 10 (5,333 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey i was alt-tabbed while posting this, came back and it had loaded...weird, maybe just leave it for a bit?

Message 3 of 10 (6,256 Views)

★ Novice

This also keeps happening to me when I try to open, I believe, the SECOND RUNE-WARDED GATE.

I pull the lever to open the gate, a short cinematic plays, then the screen goes to black - I see the little loading icon in the bottom corner and hear what sounds like my characters in battle (but maybe that's just for effect), no buttons work whatsoever, it just stays loading for, seemingly, ever.

Message 4 of 10 (5,310 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried waiting it out as Aquinan suggested and it would eventually say "Your journey has ended" and then I had to try again. I did this a few times and suddenly (while I was alt+tabbed) it worked. Hope this works out for you as well!

Message 5 of 10 (5,292 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Interestingly, I don't consider waiting around until it loads and your party is half dead as "solved". 

Message 6 of 10 (5,281 Views)

★ Novice

Me neither. Also, shortly after it had finally loaded, it crashed to Desktop - so yay, it loaded, but hey, game is still broken.

Message 7 of 10 (5,231 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me too. Eventually I set my graphics right down low and it was fine. Had to wait till the end of an enormously long fight to put them back up again :-(

Message 8 of 10 (4,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Set your graphics to low at the main menu before you load your latest save. Should load properly. it happened to me and I have to close it thru the task manager. When I start up the game and check the settings, all my custom key binds were reset and graphics is to auto.

Message 9 of 10 (3,487 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This problem is not solved.
Message 10 of 10 (2,595 Views)