Re: DAI Saves Not Matching

by LadyFrollo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DAI Saves Not Matching

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I wonder if someone can help me with this.

Since yesterday, I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition and the game was running fine, but after I saved the game and quit back to my desktop, I kept getting this error message that my saved games were not syncing to Origin's cloud. Therefore, the saves between the cloud and local on my PC did not match and then it asked me to either continue playing from last save in the cloud or my last local.

It's been asking me to do this every time I close the game when I'm finished playing. When I tried to use the cloud save it jumped me back to something I already completed in the game whereas my local save took me to exactly the last save I wanted to be at. Despite that it STILL asks me to choose between cloud and local whenever I close the game so my saves are clearly not syncing for some reason.

How do I fix this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (1,966 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @LadyFrollo

Besides what @mcsupersport wrote, I will also add that we're currently having some issues with cloud data sync in Origin, which causes the message about cloud save conflict to show up while launching many of our games.

We're looking into this problem.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,200 Views)

All Replies

Honest opinion....

Turn off cloud saves.  Unless you are playing on multiple computers, cloud saves will in MY experience cause more problems than it solves.  Simply back up your saves to another folder or drive occasionally so you don't lose a gameplay to corruption or other computer issue.

Other than that, their is either something blocking cloud saves on your PC such as anti-virus or firewall, or EA is having an issue....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 7 (1,956 Views)

Hi @LadyFrollo

Besides what @mcsupersport wrote, I will also add that we're currently having some issues with cloud data sync in Origin, which causes the message about cloud save conflict to show up while launching many of our games.

We're looking into this problem.

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 7 (2,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@mcsupersport Well, I'm only using my desktop computer so I guess it couldn't hurt to turn off the cloud and make a backup folder instead. I use Windows 10 which comes with its own security system and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. I believe that if it was the firewall, I'd know.

Message 4 of 7 (1,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for letting me know @EA_Ataashi (ah I just love Qunlat! Heart ) oh so it might be something on your end and not mine? I always thought it was because aside from this pop-up, like I said, the game is running fine. None of my other games are having this problem, just DAI at the moment. 

If this continues to be an issue I may just disable cloud and create a backup folder since I only play the game on one computer but we'll see, hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Message 5 of 7 (1,919 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LadyFrollo

Yay! Someone finally recognised that my nickname is in Qunlat! Heart

proud

And yes, we do have some Origin sync issues (I'm actually experiencing them myself with Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda). Since I don't have any ETA to share, I recommend following @mcsupersport's suggestion and disable cloud saves for now Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 7 (1,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Ataashi I'm a Qunari fangirl so I like to spend a bit of time learning Qunlat. Wink

Very well, looks like I'll have to do that then, thanks again. Ataash varin kata.

Message 7 of 7 (1,897 Views)