Re: DAI Problem: Black screen into No Signal into Reboot

by 000pietro000

Original Post

DAI Problem: Black screen into No Signal into Reboot

★★ Novice

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I've read endless posts about DAI's problems, I couldn't find a solution. The problem is the following: I can play from 2 minutes to maximum 1 hour and suddenly the screen goes black followed by the "no signal" message, orange monitor light, computer still on; only solution: restart the PC. I can play any other game, any, even newer or with higher requirements, never had any problems.

https://hastebin.com/eyijabosoh.diff That's my DxDiag

What have I tried:

-I monitored my computer's temperature, all normal

- Updated every Driver (even with DDU)

- Added DAI and Origin in the exceptions of the antivirus (Avast)

- Added DAI and Origin in Firewall exceptions

- Disabled Origin in game

- Repaired and reinstalled the game

- Run DAI as administrator

- Underclock my gpu

- I have also changed a lot of settings like the "prefer maximum performance" one in the Nvidia control panel

- Tried every possible in-game graphic setting (All Ultra as well as all Low) with full screen and windowed borderless

- Deleted all the saves file from DAI folder

I have tried a lot of more things... i just can't remember more now.

Similar problem:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Black-screen-into-a-force-re...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Crashes-Have-to-Reboot-PC/td...

I also followed every single suggestions from these posts.

Note:

At first I thought it was something related to the loading of a new maps, since I crashed twice when I traveled, then I noticed that maybe it was something with the autosaves but after at least 10 black screen followed by "no signal" and computer reboots... I just gave up trying giving an explanation. Could be totally random as far as I know. 

Note 2:

I don't have any additional components for the computer to try, like new cables, gpu, graphics card etc. neither want to buy them since I don't know the results.

Note 3:

Game and maps also takes forever (5minutes at most) to load.

Posting here it's my last hope before i totally give up on the game, which is a shame... I'll keep the post updated. Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 5 (691 Views)

★★ Novice

@000pietro000 wrote:

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I've read endless posts about DAI's problems, I couldn't find a solution. The problem is the following: I can play from 2 minutes to maximum 1 hour and suddenly the screen goes black followed by the "no signal" message, orange monitor light, computer still on; only solution: restart the PC. I can play any other game, any, even newer or with higher requirements, never had any problems.

https://hastebin.com/eyijabosoh.diff That's my DxDiag

What have I tried:

-I monitored my computer's temperature, all normal

- Updated every Driver (even with DDU)

- Added DAI and Origin in the exceptions of the antivirus (Avast)

- Added DAI and Origin in Firewall exceptions

- Disabled Origin in game

- Repaired and reinstalled the game

- Run DAI as administrator

- Underclock my gpu

- I have also changed a lot of settings like the "prefer maximum performance" one in the Nvidia control panel

- Tried every possible in-game graphic setting (All Ultra as well as all Low) with full screen and windowed borderless

- Deleted all the saves file from DAI folder

I have tried a lot of more things... i just can't remember more now.

Similar problem:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Black-screen-into-a-force-re...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Crashes-Have-to-Reboot-PC/td...

I also followed every single suggestions from these posts.

Note:

At first I thought it was something related to the loading of a new maps, since I crashed twice when I traveled, then I noticed that maybe it was something with the autosaves but after at least 10 black screen followed by "no signal" and computer reboots... I just gave up trying giving an explanation. Could be totally random as far as I know. 

Note 2:

I don't have any additional components for the computer to try, like new cables, gpu, graphics card etc. neither want to buy them since I don't know the results.

Note 3:

Game and maps also takes forever (5minutes at most) to load.

Posting here it's my last hope before i totally give up on the game, which is a shame... I'll keep the post updated. Thanks everyone!

up

Message 2 of 5 (650 Views)

★ Apprentice

What about your screen monitor wire,, I remember having issue of black screen with a bad quality wire.. Use a gold plated quality HDMI or Display port, a bad wire give random black screen i have got this issue long time ago and fized it by changing the wire.

Message 3 of 5 (638 Views)

Sad to say, but I don't see anything obvious, and it sounds like your Video Card is being crashed from the system....or like the @Elizabeth_QC  said, a bad wire is causing the loss of signal.  The things I would look at are, DirectX being corrupt, thus a reinstall of them from Microsoft site, driver incompatibility with the game, which would require a different version of the driver, program incompatibly cross interference, which USUALLY a clean boot helps, but not always, possibly a bad Powersupply cable or rail TO your video card, loose connection inside your machine, such as a video card not fully in the slot or possibly a ram, or cpu issue.  Sorry I can't point at one thing, or even have had this happen to me and fixed it.  It will come down to how much you want to play and what you are willing to do to try and fix. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the PSU(Powersupply) going bad...but again, this would be a guess, and require a shop or you with a good volt meter to check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5 (622 Views)

★ Apprentice

If i was you i will: Test another game non-origins with everything on ultra if problem persist. If it happen on another game: Scan and clean every virus NOT AVAST (avast are like donald trump and your origins game like joe biden you avoid to put them together) , run a CCleaner, Geting on amazon a ugreen wire hdmi or displayport (a quality one). Reset the bios and everything you have mess with (clocking, underclocking, you have changed stuff there you said). Reset all nvdia config you have changed( if you did it for da:i maybe u have done it on other game too). Install program monitor GPU temp and clean it (if you have a cat you will have a 2nd cat stuck under the fan of the gpu trust me).

You said: you can run any other game. but maybe something have broken after you start played inquisition , so test again the other game to be sure you can run them.

Message 5 of 5 (601 Views)